*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Wendell Augusto Borges

Wendell Augusto Borges Newbie

Reputations:

Good Ideia!!
    Mine is with the palm rest dirty too... I already tryed a lot of things... =/

2. Helifax

Helifax Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah! The Lunar White version looks soooo damn good, doesn't it? Almost to put in in a show case and never touch it!
    Owning 3 Alienware laptops - the first being a 2011 m15x in Lunar Red, I always loved the "black interior" and the soft rubber touch on the magnesium chassis!
    It still kicks "compute power" to this day and it is in flawless condition (no scratches, new battery, some of the stickers faded and I got them removed, but the chassis is in top shape!)
    Really amazing piece of hardware!
    [​IMG]

Then I have the 2013 Alienware m17 (with Nvidia 3D Vision display) in perfect condition (new battery, no scratches, original stickers still in place, etc):
    [​IMG]

And now I bought the new Area 51m in "Dark Side of the Moon" version (Pic I found online - not mine :D ) :
    [​IMG]

So.. the trend here: NEVER EVER GO FOR APPLE WHITE stuff! It doesn't last;) Always Choose "The Dark Side of the Force"! Here is where the UNLIMITED POWER EXISTS ^_^

(Hope you fund this post a bit funny at least ^_^).

Cheers!

PS: If anyone fancy real pics/videos of all the three "alien babies" I am happy to show :) Alienware FTW ^_^

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Vanya and Papusan like this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Man that Dark Side 51M with white or light blue lighting selected for the trim is probably the most beautiful gaming laptop of all time.

Vanya and Helifax like this.
  4. Pass_00

Pass_00 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot. I believe I seen a set online for 110us. I have a bearing shot on my cpu side that causes a physical vibration. Nice to know it’s an easy fix. Much appreciated.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  5. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    Yeah great machine, I think I still one of those around my house somewhere. Still works too, those were tanks though they needed Throttlestop to do their best. The R3 was awesome.

6. ckezema

ckezema Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So a question about the Chi Mei model monitor. Its supposed to have g-sync right? I know before repair the option was there... Hmmm

upload_2020-5-28_21-46-11.png
    upload_2020-5-28_21-46-53.png

7. Virale

Virale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A black microfiber rubbed off color on my original palm rest the same way. The lunar white paint is porous, color from anything will get into it and never come out. Magic eraser, alchohol, etc, nothing removes it. Sorry bud.

I replaced my palm rest via warranty and wrapped it in a skin since.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  8. Biker Gremling

Biker Gremling Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    White IS the color for this device, and that is why I ordered it this way. This IMO is the best looking laptop ever made, a great welcomed departure from the ricer laptops from other brands (MSI, Aorus, Asus, Acer etc). Simple and yet very effective lines, with just the best RGB lighting integration... a masterpiece in design. I honestly would put it in a frame and hang it in the wall.

White is not a problem so far you use the right paint, which Dell clearly did not use. Some people are just tired of living in the dark side and just want something different.

My palm rest was also replaced, I know that this cannot be cleaned. But why should I skin my laptop if I just like it how it is?

Virale and Fire Tiger like this.
  9. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    In the end its just a matter of personal taste. After so many black laptops, I took the chance on white and so far I seem to be in luck with it, no discoloration or staining. I think it was Mr. Fox or Papusan that theorized the recycled plastic is an issue, potentially with impurities that are in some cases leading to stains. It's worth noting, black is NOT immune to staining either, there have been reports of even problems with that. I don't think the white is the issue, its just some defect in the materials they used.

Biker Gremling likes this.
  10. Helifax

Helifax Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My Monitor has a different model.
    I think the replacement panel is different and doesn't have the GSYNC option?
    Untitled.jpg

Cheers