*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. xMAXIMUSx

xMAXIMUSx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey anyone running 4tb 2x2tb raid 0 on a 51m here?

2. S1ammin

S1ammin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oops, wrong post.

3. devilhunter

devilhunter Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [/QUOTE]

Interesting! I wonder what he means by mismatches and the tool being made. And also, the vapor chamber heatsink has an extra pipe running in the opposite side of the fan nearest the CPU, where would that “fit” inside our R1’s layout? I wanna see more![/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

He later told me he cant speak English well and I asked him to reply in Chinese, sadly google translator doesnt well translate the meaning of his sentences.

In my understanding he wants to produce a heat sink that you dont need to reallocate screw locations.

Also, the pictures in Redit/taibo shows Vapor chamber on the CPU only, he wants it on GPU as well.

I sent him a message yesterday about the progress, lets hope he replies soon.

Regards.

You can open the case and check it yourself, I remember I selected 2400Mhz ram and I got 2600mhz.

A lot of time you getting more than what you asked for in "Custom Build Pcs/Laptops"

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020
  4. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    2060 is missing the side radiators on the heatsink, not sure whether the 2070 does.

The mounting, on the leaked vapor chamber heatsink, is different and wont fit the current 51m mounting. He was likely talking about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020
    Rei Fukai likes this.
  5. devilhunter

devilhunter Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Indeed, I wont assume most users wont risk drilling the motherboard. Probably dell will keep use intel i990k for the time being and upgrade the cooling solution.

I wouldnt be surprised if they switch over Ryzen.

6. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Won't happen!
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...laris-navi-gpus.799348/page-755#post-11006826
    Only the 2060 heatsink is different.

7. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I am - 2x2tb toshiba xg6 nvme drives in raid 0

8. nader_rizk2003

nader_rizk2003 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i did before replacing one of them with the 4TB sabrent.

9. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes my previous Area-51m had 2x 2TB Samsung 960 PRO's in RAID 0. Data strip size was set to 64K with the RAID Array created through the BIOS

10. Atticus8817

Atticus8817 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I’m
    Interesting! I wonder what he means by mismatches and the tool being made. And also, the vapor chamber heatsink has an extra pipe running in the opposite side of the fan nearest the CPU, where would that “fit” inside our R1’s layout? I wanna see more![/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

He later told me he cant speak English well and I asked him to reply in Chinese, sadly google translator doesnt well translate the meaning of his sentences.

In my understanding he wants to produce a heat sink that you dont need to reallocate screw locations.

Also, the pictures in Redit/taibo shows Vapor chamber on the CPU only, he wants it on GPU as well.

I sent him a message yesterday about the progress, lets hope he replies soon.

Regards.

You can open the case and check it yourself, I remember I selected 2400Mhz ram and I got 2600mhz.

A lot of time you getting more than what you asked for in "Custom Build Pcs/Laptops"[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure I understand. So this is just some guy who wants to improve upon the 51m cooling solution by making a custom heat sink and possibly selling it to others on eBay, taobao etc? So then, why have people been saying a heatsink “leaked”?