*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    We know they are aware of both issues and Umar is pushing to get it changed. Umar is not the engineering team, so he can push but the engineering team has to change it. We really don't know more then that at this point unfortunately. Just keep watching for Bios updates.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  2. Biker Gremling

Biker Gremling Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can you elaborate the later part about AWCC?

I do have Throttlestop with delayed launch at logon, but when AWCC decides to, it locks my CPU to x46 multiplier. If I manually refresh the profile on TS, it only allows up to x49 for some reason. Tried many things but sometimes I can boost more than x49, other I can't.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  3. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    He means when the system first boot, Alienware Command Center cannot be started until its services are loaded and for some odd reason, Dell has set their startup status to Delayed rather than Immediate. So he changed it to Automatic (as in immediately) rather than Automatic (Delayed). To do this:

1) Press the Window Key + R to launch the Run Dialogue Box
    2) type services.msc then hit Enter
    3) Look for the AWCCService, double click on it, and change its startup type from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Automatic

23.png

Now Alienware Command Center can be launched immediately after a restart without having to wait for 3 minutes for its service to start.

4. Atticus8817

Atticus8817 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    A sales rep at a computer store I frequent had this to say about potential refreshes:

“The refresh for desktop replacement laptops like the Alienware Area-51M, MSI GT76 Titan DT, and EVOC High Performance Systems P775TM-R are expected to be released in May and June.”

supposedly to align with 10th gen desktop CPUs. Let’s hope this is true and that an Area 51m refresh is right around the corner!

5. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That sounds like you still have the overclocking part setup within AWCC. Change the overclocking option to off. I had this same issue, everytime I opened AWCC my clocks speeds would revert to default. Once I set the overclock option on the home page of AWCC to off it fixed the issue.

Have you checked the TPL settings within TS as well? I forget the setting right now but will post a screenshot ASAP. Its at the top of the bottom half and its a range. Yours could be set at 1-49. You need to change this to 1-255. That should let you increase the multiplier to whatever you want.

Below is what I was referring to, excuse the poor quality screenshot and guide, nothing like brother @Spartan haha.

upload_2020-4-8_10-13-49.png

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    pathfindercod and Spartan like this.
  6. Silverfeyn

Silverfeyn Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The new BIOS is here, anybody tested?

On the forums, someone said "Dell release a bios like version 1.5 that has proper temperature limits!"

Anybody willing to try it?

uugui shi and Fire Tiger like this.
  7. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It only lists the below...

Fixes:
    -Fixed the issue where the option to enable or disable the hard drive password in the BIOS setup is unavailable. This issue occurs after you update the BIOS to version 1.8.1.

Enhancements:
    - Supports ADATA XMP modules.

Silverfeyn and uugui shi like this.
  8. uugui shi

uugui shi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  9. Silverfeyn

Silverfeyn Notebook Geek

Reputations:

[​IMG]

Papusan, Rei Fukai and Fire Tiger like this.
  10. uugui shi

uugui shi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Screw it, rebooting right now

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020