*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    AIDA64 Extreme v6.25.5400

Installer = http://download.aida64.com/aida64extreme625.exe
    Portable = http://download.aida64.com/aida64extreme625.zip

Don't forget to unblock the file before running it or extracting it: "Are you sure you want to run this file?" [Yes or No]

Release notes:
    • Aqua Computer [​IMG] Octo sensor support
    • Preliminary support for Intel Elkhart Lake, Jasper Lake, Rocket Lake CPUs
    • Art.Lebedev Optimus Popularis, El Gato Stream Deck LCD support
    • SteelSeries Apex 7, Apex Pro OLED display support
    • Improvements for Intel Z490 chipset based motherboards
    • SMBIOS 3.4.0 support
    • GPU details for AMD Radeon RX 590 GME, Radeon RX 5600 XT
    • GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, GeForce MX330, GeForce MX350

2. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:

Dude the OLED looks soooo good. It’s almost forgivable it’s 60hz. For casual
    Gaming for sure the colors, contrast and depth is crazy. It’s almost like experiencing 120hz for the first time over 60z it’s that awesome. I was using an AGA with a 2080ti with the oled machine so I could use external 240hz monitor for gaming. Then have the oled whole on the road and showing off my photography.

3. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

A lot of my devices use Micro SD and having an SD built in to slide that into an SD adapter is convenient, but I have plenty of USB memory adaptors as many people do so it's not really a big deal.

4. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    I have to agree with this - once you see and use OLED, you most likely will instantly realize how bad in reality IPS is. Its not just the saturation, its the contrast, as black is literally.... black since there is zero light coming from black areas on an OLED. It is a bit of weird effect, but playing game like Kerbal Space Program on an OLED the screen elements that are lit almost look like they "float" on the screen since you cannot distinguish the bezel from the dark areas of the screen unless you can catch an angle where the light reflects just right.

The good thing is OLED at above 60 now at 120 hz is starting to emerge, Dell's own AW branded 4K OLED 55" for a paltry $3000 is available. Color range is 98% DCPI, and response rates on OLED are delivered with 0.5 response time and every low input lag.

The only real issues with OLED now generally are 1) cost, and 2) the fact they grow dimmer at a faster rate than IPS. That being said, my AW 13 R3 I noticed after about two years I had to kick up the brightness one notch.... one. Burn-in is possible, but I have played many, many hours of Overwatch and KSP on my AW 13 R3, no burn-in ever.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    RMLJD, c69k and Fire Tiger like this.
  5. Pudge

Pudge Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, can someone give an update regarding ram speeds. To get 2933MHz working, I need just to replace my ram sticks or this frequency is available on a new revisions?

Fire Tiger likes this.
  6. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wouldn't buy the faster ram just yet. There are reports of a BIOS coming in the coming weeks which may address RAM speeds and GPU throttling..... we shall see.

Spartan likes this.
  7. Korben_Dallas

Korben_Dallas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I solved it with a sd card reader ProGrade Digital dual slot, usb 3.2 gen 2, perfectly reads my Sandisk Extreme Pro 1TB microsd at its maximum speed, very satisfied :)

Fire Tiger likes this.
  8. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    I for one hope for this but doubt it. TBH, virtually no one except for someone doing massive rendering or so on will notice any kind of difference and even then unlikely. I have 2666 memory running at 2400, even if it gets bumped to 2666, or I opted for 2933, you'd so like 1-2 frames difference (if that). Its a nice to have, not a gotta have by any stretch in my opinion.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  9. Vanya

Vanya Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm sorry I did not read the past few weeks, but ...
    a BIOS for faster RAM and no more GPU throttling ?
    It's like Christmas before time ! Where do we learn about that ?

Fire Tiger likes this.
  10. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Its unlikely to happen, time will tell. Most of this has been posted on Umars Twitter account.

Docsteel likes this.