*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Helifax

Helifax Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've made this video which shows how you can prevent the GPU thermal throttle and go all the way up to 87C on the latest bios (1.7.3/1.8.1 and latest vbios 180W) using HwInfo64.
    Kudos to the users who posted the guide.

I split the video in 3 parts:

- No OC, GPU thermal throttle @ 79 Celsius.

- OC profile, no OC, but thermal limit set to 87Celsius in AWCC. GPU thermal throttle @ 79 Celsius. (From minute 4:30 to 9:50)

- OC profile, no OC, but thermal limit set to 87Celsius in AWCC. Using HwInfo64 to control the fans. No GPU thermal throttle. GPU stabilizes at 80 Celsius.
    I overclocked the CPU & GPU in the video just to stress it more and reach the higher temps faster.

Hope if helps someone:)

Cheers,
    Helifax

2. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    They walled themselves in.

3. PLANTONE

PLANTONE Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Change the THUMBNAIL picture for more views..... Use words!

4. Miguel Rios Zambrano

Miguel Rios Zambrano Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, let me introduce myself first and sorry if my english isn't good enough. My name is Miguel Rios, im 32 years old, im from Perú and im a big fan of the alien head trademark.

Well, i bought and Alienware Area 51m refurbished from ebay in October 2019, since 2 or 3 weeks ago a problem my problem started:

A black screen issue after started a game and play for 4-5 minutes with the only solution of restart the laptop with RTX 2070 and 9700k. Just the screen shut down, the pc was on, light in keyboard and also some sound of windows.

The only way to solve my problem was before playing open the AW Command Center and activate the thermal perfomance option, then the fans started to spin and just after that i tried a game and play with no problems.

My question is that is normal, the idea is that the fans have to start working when you entered a game right?

By the way, i have my drivers and bios up to date, also i obtained good results in heaven benchmark, the AW benchmark, when playing i have good temps also.

Then what do you think can be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

If you need any detail pls ask to me.

5. Biker Gremling

Biker Gremling Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does this work with the 200W vBIOS?

6. Jontoad

Jontoad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i just extended mine. it was 240 USD for one year of premium.

7. RazielCrow190

RazielCrow190 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I will try this this afternoon at any rate, can’t deal with internet connection cutting out all the time.

I managed to get 4 years included free in my deal with the rep, maybe try arguing down the price. Make a point that dell has already had so many issues with the machine and link a few YouTube videos and or articles. Just need to convince the rep that dell messed up big enough to warrant the discount. (Worked when I bought mine anyways.)

8. Jontoad

Jontoad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    pretty sure you meant to quote trulyfatal instead of me. i've had my A51m over a year and already extended my coverage. i'm not the type to try to argue prices down or get something for free anyways.

9. RazielCrow190

RazielCrow190 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Indeed, apologies for the misquote. I would have gotten it either way as well. 3000 dollar machine, silly to not invest in a warranty for it. Trulyfatal seemed worried about the cost is why I suggested negotiating. Main point at any rate definitely get the extended coverage one way or another.

Docsteel and Jontoad like this.
  10. Trulyfatal

Trulyfatal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So i emailed them back telling them i want a email in Dutch or English not french.

Now suddenly they came up with these mental prices !

Thank you for contacting us regarding your service contract prolongation.
    Our department is located in Dell European Business Centre outside of Netherlands, that’s the reason why we communicate just in English.
    Please choose from the following service contract possibilities:
    Premium Support with Onsite Service – Alienware NB
    (accidental damage protection service not included, as it cannot be extended after device has been purchased)
    1 Year Contract for the price 408.04 EUR incl. VAT
    2 Years Contract for the price 620.21 EUR incl. VAT
    3 Years Contract for the price 775.26 EUR incl. VAT
    4 Years Contract for the price 1,264.22 EUR incl. VAT

This is just mind blowing !

c69k, Fire Tiger and Papusan like this.