*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got the Vindicator 2 17 when I had the AW 17 R4 before returning it for a refund as I wasn't happy with it. They let me keep the backpack thou, so I still have it unused. Gonna be a perfect fit for the 51M! :)

2. ninja2000

ninja2000 Mash IT

Reputations:
    Terreos - Ah sorry mate, I am with you now. Thanks for that. Will keep you posted with the overclocking

Terreos likes this.
  3. ninja2000

ninja2000 Mash IT

Reputations:
    I still have a 15” vindicator for the exact same reason. They refunded me for the laptop as they couldn’t fix it and were not interested in the bag!

4. Kuro Kensei

Kuro Kensei Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Even my AW 13 has 2 options there - Fan and CPU performance. Yeah, long gone are the days when we had open AW BIOS's with TDP, voltage and Memory controls. Well, I hope they offer a way to tweak those but not holding my breath. What a bummer...

5. ninja2000

ninja2000 Mash IT

Reputations:
    Yeah I am a long time Alienware user and they seem to get more sparse with every release!

At least I got the k cpu so there are a lot of options in intel xtu or throttlestop

Vistar Shook and raz8020 like this.
  6. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Huh. Well. Dell sent me an email offering me a 10% discount on cancelled order. So it would be more than I asked for as a discount. And free express shipping. I'm gonna see if they can add some extra warranty at a discount too. Don't see why I shouldn't accept this very gracious offer.

7. demitrisln

demitrisln Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anybody else in the US getting a run-around with their 51M? Bought mine on the 17th of January scheduled to arrive on the 20th. Few days ago they tried to cancel my order over a configuration error (wrong power CORD of all things) Got that figured out. Statues was put that said custom-build item is complete. Then this morning that went away and not getting they are backordered on the LCD screen! Anybody else getting this many issues?

8. yggdra.omega

yggdra.omega Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Welcome to the party.

Terreos likes this.
  9. demitrisln

demitrisln Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Man I even DM Frank Azor on Twitter and he said it was going to go on the 20th. This blows big time!

10. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Yup. Pretty much this. I cancelled my order a few days ago. A manager reached out and told me they want to fix this for me. I told them what I wanted for collateral. . .and surprisingly they gave it to me. Right now I'm seeing if they can add some additional warranty and I'll reorder mine. So I can't tell about the monitor backorder.