*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. carlodelmazo

carlodelmazo Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Thanks, I will do, sorry for late reply, was busy trying to gain back the lost time from the previous month with my thesis.

Yes, in this case the older panel is the good one, so I think I'm good to go replacing the new panel with the old one.

About tweaks, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm planning to use this guide for the thermal pads:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-for-alienware-area-51m-9900k-rtx2080.829543/

About testing the thermal temp in cpu and gpu (to pick the most suitable), would be this guide the right to follow?:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-area-51m-undevor-and-overclock-guide.830857/

Or does anybody could recommend me which guides would be suitable to follow to do the stress test in case previous one is not right for my what I want to do, please.

Well I guess depends for what you would use it, for me it is, I use it for work like virtual machine for multiple OS's simultaneously, 3D modelling and VR, for me it mark all the requirements I look for a portable setup, I have a few power supplies around so I never carry anymore so where I go I have a power supply, in the lab, house, parents house, etc, so it turns really portable without carrying them, but it all depends what are you looking for portability.

There is another factor to take in account, and for me is important, the community behind this laptop is large so you can find more advice from experienced people, so you can always can find solutions in threads like this and ask about your concerns.

jclausius and Fire Tiger like this.
  2. thetruegamer

thetruegamer Newbie

Reputations:
    I really want it to be my all in one gaming pc. I am getting deployed soon and this is my only way of gaming. So pretty much docked on my desk until I leave. Different strokes for different folks.

Fire Tiger and pathfindercod like this.
  3. raybies

raybies Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do a clean install, I usually go w/ Windows LTSC and avoid all crapware, w/ just the minimal set of drivers and services running.
    If you're still facing issues, RMA it.

4. REAN1MAT0R

REAN1MAT0R Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No, its fake! sorry
    Its impossible to dissipate 200wats from gpu or cpu with some comfortable reasonable loudness and efficiency in this formfactor
    Its like Play Station with a bit more power
    Its like low-high end pc with some underclocking overheating and uncomfortable sound
    Not for true pc noblemans

5. QUICKSORT

QUICKSORT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone here from Europe that has ever ordered a laptop from HidEvolution?
    How is it with Import duties, shipping and warranty?

As I'm planning to order from there, but am not sure.

jclausius likes this.
  6. HoangThi

HoangThi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello pro.
    Could you post your 180W vBIOS in .rom file here. I need it to fix my laptop. Thank you very much. :)

7. Chris Mackenzie

Chris Mackenzie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. Vanya

Vanya Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What the heck are you saying ?
    It all depends on which ways it is a desktop replacement.
    Of course it won't be for the sound comfort
    Of course it is never gonna be for the form factor.
    However, for someone's needs to move with a certain amount of power in such a compact chassis and also having a home computer on the desk, the Area-51m is a perfect desktop replacement for those who don't mind having the keyboard and the screen attached.
    Concerning the fan noise, it's definitely tweakable with lots of tools provided here by the community, including undervolting, overclocking, placing a cool stand.
    I'm playing games and editing videos with this machine on silent fan profile without any compromise on performances.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965F en utilisant Tapatalk

9. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    I ordered my Clevo P870TM1 from HID, shipped to Denmark by USPS Priority Express International and HIDevolution upgraded me to FedEx for free. It was shipped in a double cardboard box.

As for the import duties, I had to pay 25% import tax and it was a decent chunk of change for the tax man.
    There was also a discount being an NBR member when ordering, which was nice.

As per warranty, my package got slightly damaged when something pierced the two cardboard boxes and carved a small scratch into the side of the system. Immediately the support team offered to either send me a new one or to compensate me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  10. HoangThi

HoangThi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I cannot setup this exe file because it's only support for alien. Could you post .rom file for me. I can use NVflash to flash it.
    I flash 190W vbios (90.04.3F.00.0E) 1.0.0.0 of 51M but my GPU was very hot. The temperature reach 83C in Furmark and throttled in game.
    So I think 180W vbios is better for my Clevo 2080 :)