*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    This isn't necessarily a bloatware as it makes changes to the icon dll files and there is nothing running on top of the windows shell so no extra resources used. Gotta try it to love it. :D

nkc and Fire Tiger like this.
  2. Alias

Alias Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone followed this discussion on the Alienware subreddit where a customer is claiming that he was sold a used/defective Alienware 51m by HIDEvolution as brand new?
    Also it is mentioned that Dell has told HIDEvolution is not a Dell Authorized dealer

https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/...olution_is_fraud_dell_provided_evidence_need/

Not sure if this is relevant information in this thread or warrants its own separate discussion but this if true should be relevant info to anyone planning to order from HIDEvolution.

VoodooChild likes this.
  3. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Old myth already debunked several times in this thread. HIDevolution is authorized by Dell, and probably XoticPC too by now. However, that old laptop sold as new will open a whole new can of worms for them. Somebody should get fired over this.

4. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    That person is just creating their own thrash. They should have purchased or borrowed an inexpensive replacement machine to continue work on their PhD if it is that important. HIDEvolution IS an authorized reseller. If they purchased through HID then they should just communicate with only HID instead of trying to deal with Dell directly and create confusion and frustration with the support process.

Also, just because they see a service request before they received their machine does not mean it was used. If HIDEvolution gets a machine from Dell - determines it fails QC for one reason or another - they are just going to order a replacement part for the machine rather requesting an entire replacement. Most parts can be shipped overnight from the repair depot if they are in stock.

alaskajoel and Papusan like this.
  5. Alias

Alias Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am not sure why you would be blaming the customer here for ordering the laptop he wants and how its not what you think he should buy. He does mention he needs the processing power for rendering/animation..

It is likely that HIDEvolution not being an authorized reseller statement is inaccurate and likely made by an unaware Dell rep but they should not be definitely reselling returned/defective repaired laptops as new.

6. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Unaware? Dude, that's Umar Khan. Not some clueless support clown.

P.S., I also bought via HIDevolution. Yes, their thermal upgrades were a total waste but they refunded me the entire amount that I had paid them for upgrades when I reported bad work to their reps here, and I was successfully able to transfer the warranty of the laptop in my name within 2 days. It was a brand new machine. HIDevolution even provided me with the Dell order number that showed when my machine was shipped from Dell as I was waiting for a delayed lot. I find them really transparent and if there is a problem, then they will address it. That person should have talked to them first instead of taking it to reddit and take out his frustration.

7. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Will investigate one of these days , gracias

S.K likes this.
  8. Alias

Alias Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Could you please read the whole thread and its predecessor before jumping to conclusions..

Where have I mentioned that its Umar Khan that has mentioned HIDEvolution is not an authorized reseller for Dell? That is mentioned as a followup by the OP in his latest post based on discussions with Dell. Nowhere has he confirmed that is Umar Khan specifically which is altogether a whole different incident from a few months back if I recall correctly.

Here is the original post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/cfrfr4/my_personal_thoughts_on_alienware_area_51m_want/

where you can see that he has already discussed this with HIDevolution and Dell who have both passed the buck around.

Anyhow, this whole discussion should definitely be about reselling refurbished laptops as new which is not a good practice for consumers who are buying a $3200 product and unaware it is not new. That is not a good behavior by a seller and borderlines on fraud.

Missed this earlier.

It is possible that this could be the case. Anyhow will wait for HIDEvolution to respond on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2019
  9. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    It is unfortunate that he got a lemon. It is also unfortunate that parts were delayed, although like he said it is a new model in high demand so delays are usually common. It sounds like he got in touch with Dell corporate so hopefully they can either ship him a loaner machine from the outlet quickly, or offer to build him a new machine if they cannot give a solid ETA on the replacement parts.

10. Alex4seby

Alex4seby Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That is the error nothing more...i mention i have a very small undevoltage, -50offset and 1.205 voltage..9900k is the cpu..