*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Someone tried the 180w bios with 1.5.4 and still had the 75C throttle set point (if I recall correctly). I do find it odd that a couple of people report they do not have the throttle set point issue with 1.5.4, but the vast majority of users do.

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Oh that is nice to know, thanks for the info! bought it from Amazon UK.

3. Dookie1985

Dookie1985 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had confirmation from Dell Advanced resolution team that my A51 has now been shipped. Hopefully, this should mark the start of everyone else's being shipped. Estimate of 17th June to get to me.

Sawtoothwav likes this.
  4. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm still running the 190W stock vBIOS, but I would like to backup it and be able to flash it back just in case I want to perform some tests with other ROMS. Anyone know a tool for doing so that actually work? If we can create an image with the same format Dell uses maybe we could flash it by injecting it into their 180w installer replacing one image with the other.

It's the same ROM image with different installer.

5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    @ssj92

Guys can someone verify this for me, I could've sworn that with the factory image I had before, there was an audio button to select a profile always whethere I had the Alienware headset plugged in or not. Now on a clean install of Windows 10 Build 1903 with the latest AWCC, there is no audio button at the bottom row. It only appears if I connect my Alienware Headphones. If I unplug the headphones, the Audio button goes away.

ggg.jpg

Papusan, Darkhan and Rei Fukai like this.
  6. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the button , always, sometimes it evaporates , reboot if it doesn’t come back go about ur day next reboot it will be back from shopping

7. Halewafa

Halewafa Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Looking for some assistance.

Looks like my Ethernet port/card has gone bad. A few days ago my internet started getting spotty, thought it was just my service, but now my laptop will only connect via WiFi. I’ve tried 3 different cables and none of them work, I’ve also tried different ports on the router. I finally tried my old laptop and the Ethernet works great, so definitely something going wrong on my 51m. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers with no luck. Does it sound like this is a hardware issue, or does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!

8. Sawtoothwav

Sawtoothwav Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What day did you order, and what configuration build did you do? I ordered on 5/25 and I’m trying to gauge my build/ship.

9. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    my R5 has it, regarardless of there is a headphone plugged in or not. Looks like a new bug or just a broken AWCC installation. A reinstall can work sometimes

10. Kuronos

Kuronos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, I just turned on my laptop and the keyboard is not working anymore... No lights, doesn't register and key presses. I've tried a restore point to when it was working and still no luck. Has anyone had this problem?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk