*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This is completely impossible.
    The most you can do is to flatten the curve at the voltage point you want locked, all the way to the right. But I'm not even sure if that will give you precisely what you want.

Vistar Shook, Rei Fukai and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    When did you guys put your first orders in? I put mine in January 11. And I know someone put their order in on January 10 and it has shipped already. So I'm curious if it's new orders or are some of us just lucky?

3. user54321

user54321 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mine I placed first time in January 20 and then they started to cancel my order almost every week. Did you get your laptop already?

4. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    why are they cancelling the orders?

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    No not yet. Mine is still in pre-production. I just chatted with customer service a few hours ago.

Did they give you a reason why they cancelled your order? Seems odd they would unless they have an actual reason.

Spartan likes this.
  6. user54321

user54321 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    First time I had to prove that I'm the card holder and I proved that, they called to my bank and that guy said that everything is fine, but for some reason they said I'm scammer so we did it again. After that I placed the order again and proved that me is me, they canceled the order cause of power brick issue and so on and so on. So basically, except first time, they saying about issue of some parts, but didn't say exactly. I'm confused about the situation, usually you pay and get your product, this time is like a bad joke. By the way, I don't like how the guys from Dell talk to the customers - they lying too much and speak unrespectable.

7. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    That is so unprofessional and not the kind of treatment I would expect when buying the most expensive taptop in the world! :rolleyes:

Get it from some reputed reseller and be done with this joke man.

8. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Typical Dell junk ERP system. Every order i have made has been cancelled at least once. They always make up the reason if asked. There really is no reason other than ERP software is junk, and throughs up red flags for no reason.

I know because our ERP at work is just as crap; and sales gives the same bogus reasons when orders are cancelled for no reason.

hmscott, Vistar Shook and iunlock like this.
  9. user54321

user54321 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I think about it, but for me would be better to get directly from Dell cause of warranty. Not sure about resellers, but Dell at least offers warranty outside US if needed.

hmscott likes this.
  10. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My original order was put in Jan 10th and they cancelled that one 3 days ago ... Now I have a new order with a date of Feb 27th

hmscott likes this.