*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Yasssss finally a benching session! I'm gonna bench my Area-51m again after so long....Might even have to throw in the M18xR2 for fun.

Naw almost half of that actually, just a joke. :D

So far doesn't seem like it's limiting our benchmarks in Area-51m /P870TM1 series vs P775TM1.

Then again....has anyone actually pushed the P775TM1 to its limits yet? :D

hmscott, Rei Fukai, nkc and 1 other person like this.
  2. Zero989

Zero989 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Pcie bandwidth matters the most when aiming for best fps or when doing SLI

8x will affect some games as the 2080ti also takes a hit from 8x vs 16x

3. Natouche

Natouche Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Thank you very much everyone for your help. :)
    I now understand the principle of the undervolt. But being a beginner in this area, I want to know more precisely what software you advise me, and on what exact settings to click and test. Because each software is full of options ...

Thanks again.

hmscott likes this.
  4. Halewafa

Halewafa Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Would you be so kind as to explain how to do Step 5? I removed everything and downloaded the INF Driver package. When I go to device manager I saw the wireless card and was able to right click, update, and then select the folder. I can't seem to find the Ethernet one to update (E3000).

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    If no driver is installed for the LAN E3000, that's because you uninstalled the driver which is the proper way to do it. But then you should see an unknown device in Device Manager called either Ethernet Controller or something of that sort, that's what you want to right click on, choose update driver, then point it to the E3000 Driver.

6. Halewafa

Halewafa Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Worked like a charm, thank you! Speedtest is better too after doing these steps.

hmscott likes this.
  7. FrankieFrank

FrankieFrank Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Owner since 14 march 2019. Still running strong, going for Rage 2 this week. Have to say best Alienware machine i've had in years. Running 9900K + 2080.

Izumka, hmscott, Amroth and 5 others like this.
  8. DeeX

DeeX THz

Reputations:
    Anyone get a Area51m (with a 144hz G-Sync Display), in the last week or two that came with an AUO panel?
    Please? Thanks!

9. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Mine has an Auo panel but it is going to be changed today as mine got a dead pixel from just 2 weeks of usage. Let's see which one the Dell engineer is bringing with him today. I'll check the response time compared to my current panel before allowing him to take mine away.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  10. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Man, I repeat, you sure know how to use your warranty or the reps in Singapore/Malaysia regions are simply awesome. When I lived in India, it used to take about 4 hours of wait times and countless phone calls just to find someone with an inkling of computer knowledge. Most of them sound like they're just reading things from a damned computer screen.

Let us know brother how it all goes and if we can get a side by side comparison of the panels with your helpful insight into the matter, that will be great.

Your posts have been one of the most helpful and most interesting ones in this thread by a long shot and I hope you'll continue to do so for the benefit of all of us. Don't let yesterday's hiccup deter you from sharing your knowledge and your insight. Some people around here (and in normal life in general) just like to say things blinded by their own unseen prejudice and ignoring them is one of the best ways to deal with it. You simply cannot make a blind horse see things!

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sorobot, S.K, Vasudev and 2 others like this.