*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M R1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's off, is has been off all the time, and performance options in BIOS are off as well. No TS or XTU installed on the system. I tried switching it on and then off again but it seems to have no effect. It's really weird.

2. iujona

iujona Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was using my old Aorus X9 DT bag to carry the Area 51m and it felt really heavy. Swapped to the Alienware Elite backpack and it feels like the weight has been cut in half. The weight distribution if great. For $100 and lifetime warranty, this is a no brainer. Better than $500 Tumi bags.

You shouldnt have to... just turn OC to off in BIOS.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
  3. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, it does sound like Hidevolution sells the machine from the old batches. The failure rate of their system is quite drastic. And the silence of Dell's/AW regarding this matter is quite shocking to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    None have still not confirmed that Dell have upgraded the "MB power delivery components" from what I have seen. And yeah, you all should call out Azor on Twitter and Facebook. As well here...
    Area-51m, screen black

Call out... Alienware-Eimy
    Dell
    | Alienware Technical Support

And I really hope they don't put in censorship.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    raz8020, Rei Fukai and Darkhan like this.
  5. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got them in Canada, you have to tell them to look in refurbished inventory, that's where they will find them.

c69k likes this.
  6. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OC is turned off in BIOS and also in AWCC, but it seems to have no effect. No XTU and no TS installed. There is something that is keeping it overclocked.

7. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree to what you're saying but oddly enough, some of the first ones to receive the system in these forums, thatoldguy, ssj and others (sorry I can't tag them as I'm on Tapatalk) are still running the "first batches" of this laptop and they're running strong. There is certainly no proof of the "updated" system other that few images from S.K. and who knows if it was the real reason this system is burning out.
    The silence on AW's behalf is damning and rather than addressing this issue, there social media outlets are flooded with claims that this laptop breaking records and blah..blah... all bollocks!
    My system is due in a few weeks and I'll use it 24 hours a day to see its thermal limits.
    I'm more concerned at this point that I've ordered from Hidevolution whose failure rate is quite scary tbh and whether I wasted $100 for "thermal upgrades" because if the system does fail, I'll have upgraded it for no damn reason. I've upgraded the memory and ram too so I wonder what kind of warranty service I might receive.

I've messaged them on Twitter. If anyone here care to add in their inputs, they'll be forced to respond. I feel like the owners of this laptop have been too quiet regarding this matter or you guys are too rich to care about $4000 burning out. Let's unite and get some straight answers from them rather than make educated guesses about the root cause of this serious issue.

[​IMG]

Fire Tiger likes this.
  8. ubar

ubar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi again. I am quoting extended warranty through Dell and would like for those of you who have it, what's the fair price for premium support for 4/5 years? Is it better to go with Basic instead? Thanks!

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    More regarding the Lunar White color used...

Alienware AREA-51M - Screen edge discolouration

I notice that the edge of the screen is becoming discoloured, and is getting worse over time.
    [​IMG]
    Same problem also on light switches at home. They turn yellow after a while if the manufacturer use low quality plastic.

Add in the link if you get response.

Ashtrix and Darkhan like this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    It's weird when an alienware catches on fire, nobody bats an eye. But when a phone catches on fire, everyone loses their stuff.

Wild Turkey, raz8020, Ashtrix and 6 others like this.