*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. craigery81

craigery81 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think desktop has GTX 1070 (Phenomenal card btw) and a i7 6700K processor with 16gb ram and 2TB storage.

The 51M can get me 19k+ Firestrike scores. My desktop can only get me 15K

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  2. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That’s inevitable,just like having two wrist watches

c69k and Fire Tiger like this.
  3. craigery81

craigery81 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Haha I like your style. Altho I'm not making F U money yet, soon I will be and i guess having 3-4k gaming systems laying around unused is perfectly acceptable? Lol

nkc likes this.
  4. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Lol .... naa just trying to console myself, we have expensive hobbies , best way is just to get what u want and not look back cos there will always be a question of , is it worth it ??

Like I have a MacBook Pro 15 mid 2012 , all maxed to 1Tb, wanted to get a new laptop after all these years , couldn’t bring myself to pay $5k for harddrive on a new MacBook Pro cos sadly that’s what am buying , an expensive hard drive on bigggg iPad screen .

So as I was browsing for PC rumors , I stumbled upon 51M , the rest is history , I still have my R3 Alien 17inch bought in 2012 with Blu-ray and 3D Vision googles and HDMI OUT with all the ports to make NASA grin with envy , we just have expensive hobbies , we cry and keep buying them

5. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    I noticed a problem today when my PC was overclocked. Ever since I upgraded to Bios version 1.5.0, it seems that my Wifi card doesn't like the OC and crashes on me with a "6062 - LSO was triggered" message in Windows 10 system events log. I noticed that this only happens when my CPU is overclocked to 5 GHz across all cores. It did *not* happen when I was on Bios version 1.3.2 (the previous version). Anyone else facing the same issues with new Bios? I have moved my clocks to stock and the error stopped giving me BSOD every 10 minutes!

SacraficeMyGoat likes this.
  6. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Haven't had this issue yet. That's strange though.

7. giltee

giltee Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The answer, sadly, is no—no, even though I placed my order like two days before the change, they have no way of having my in-progress build updated with their new standard wireless card without me cancelling and re-placing my order. But they kindly offered to let me buy the new card and replace it myself once I receive the laptop.

8. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    By the way, I replaced my faded palm rest today. Dell sent me a brand new one which was easy to replace as I was doing the final tear down and replacement of thermal pads as the ones that I applied 2 weeks ago had caught plenty of dust because of getting opened up several times.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the brand new one after putting everything back together!
    [​IMG]

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    As expected. Dell support goes around the porridge and has absolutely no desire to comment on the Burned Down Area models. Most likely been muzzled from those at the top.
    upload_2019-5-3_17-32-59.png
    Area-51m, screen black

Ashtrix, jclausius, alberty and 4 others like this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @SacraficeMyGoat

You were absolutely right regarding the warranty where I was questioning why there is no mention for spare parts only "On Site Service"

I got a reply from Dell Dubai:

SacraficeMyGoat likes this.