*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Amroth

Amroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I remember reading posts that it will fit but it's tight, so there isn't 100% padding protection for the edges.

Ultra Male likes this.
  2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Yeah that's what Ted from HIDevolution told me as well but I wanted to see some real hands on experience with people who own it.

3. propeldragon

propeldragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been dealing with dell for 15 years and it's mind boggling how their service quality has dropped!

Vasudev likes this.
  4. LegionWolf

LegionWolf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And I’m planning (after good burning period) to swap out ssds- 1TB 970 pro , 2 TB 970 EVO and 4 TB 860 :D

5. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My faith in dell has made a big turnaround. They offered to give me an upgrade from the 9700k to the 9900k and told me they would have it shipped by May 7th. Definitely a nice upgrade and I took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickDragon, raz8020, steberg and 6 others like this.
  6. Amroth

Reputations:
    Customer support of every large company has dropped it seems. They are constantly chasing profits over customer satisfaction. So they outsource support and logistics to even cheaper solutions. They lose a bunch of enthusiasts but they turn a blind eye because in the end they squeeze out higher margins when all is said and done.

Just another symptom of late-stage capitalism. And poor customer support is really one of the least of our problems coming in the next few years:

steberg, Vasudev and propeldragon like this.
  7. Amroth

Reputations:
    I swear I had a feeling there would be a solution. I had this intuition that you would have a Lunar Light system back in your hands and we'd be discussing how well your silicon turned out this time. Good news!

8. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haha, yes I’m very happy with the outcome. Frank did go out of his way to get this taken care if so I’m happy that they are communicating and taking care of some of us. I hope we all have perfect systems soon cause this really is an amazing machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vasudev and pathfindercod like this.
  9. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Latest update: One of my RAM sticks is dead. I was using Corsair Vengeance 16GB x 4 for the last 2 years with my MSI GT75 Titan which I then ported over to this laptop. It has always been flaky to pick them all up at first go but it eventually did after a few failed tries. Now, it has completely killed off one of them. I managed to pin point the dead module after repeated trials and errors. Not sure if it's the age that got to the RAM or it had anything to do with the motherboard itself. I have pulled all of the remaining ram from it and now it's just running on what it came with from the factory. I will try the supposedly dead module in another computer to see if it's really dead or it's just having issues with this particular machine for some unknown reason. Very bizarre.

10. Je355804

Je355804 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone who has ordered from XoticPC received your alienware area 51m? If so what was the turnaround time?