*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Working on an updated bios for faster ram? Maybe he forgott add in update their AWCC software app, bruh. What if you hate that software? Will you still be able to tweak ram?

"Current limit increase (doesn't seem to have been really improved much if at all in 1.3.0)
    2666Mhz+ RAM Support (Apparently being "looked at")
    RAM timings/XMP support (Ernie said he forwarded this request and will see if they can add it in AWCC)"

2. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    Haha there we go again with mentioning secrets. There are no secrets lol.. :) I repasted and repadded including the area on the bottom of the GPU, which does get warm so that definitely will benefit from a better quality thermal pad.
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps :)

Actually you're wrong. @Vasudev brought up the topic. :) I had just responded to it.

Here in the States, it'd be very hard, next to impossible to find someone that uses their laptop in a 104F (40C) environment. That is not normal here State side...

Regardless of there being places and users around the World in hot climates that use their laptops in such hot conditions, the point is that it isn't the norm... nor is it ideal to use any electronic in such conditions...yet you make it seem like that's normal?

True, but that caters to the majority. If they test it in 40C temps that is unrealistic for it being an electronic component that won't see such conditions. Laptops aren't made to be used in 40C / 104F environments ... It's a given that it'll run hot..

:) It was bound to happen... I've been waiting for it and when it gets unleashed my RAM sticks will be waiting.

The baffling surprise was why the system launched with a 2400 cap to begin with... We're just happy that this is being addressed...

Typical Customer Service lol...

Haha... pretty much describes it spot on.

The 10000 Feet spec is for open air, not inside a pressurized cabin. :)

It looks luxurious doesn't it? I have the black and white one next to me... both stunning...

Wait you have a 2TB EVO Plus?! Did it release already? I know it was said to drop in April, but didn't see it for sale yet ... I have the 1TB 970 EVO Plus ... but would like to get the 2TB.

Enjoy your new rig!

3. gthirst

gthirst Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can't give you empirical evidence, but I can vouch for the Notepal U3. It has been a tried and true laptop stand/cooler for a number of years for me.

I'm not sure cooling pads really make a whole lot of difference. Evidence is conflicting and there is plenty of youtube reflections that show this. They certainly increase the rate of having to remove dust from your laptop though! Increasing your airflow just by popping up the back is usually enough, even without a dedicated stand. The U3 is nice because it is so modular. It isn't a huge expense... If you are in a return friendly country, why not buy both and return the one you don't like?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Papusan and Fire Tiger like this.
  4. Latostno

Latostno Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @iunlock, ha ha, I tried to be super polite bro! Thank you! I will get back to you if I don't understand anything, your photo should benefit many owners here.

Sent from my MIX 3 using Tapatalk

5. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It doesn't work like that. They are talking atmospheric conditions. Planes are pressurized.

They just want to screw everyone living in Napal and Peru;)

c69k, VoodooChild and Amroth like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    All I say is 22C ain't the normal all other places on eath. Hence Dell put this max enviroment temp target. I didn't say it's ideal to use any electronic in such conditions:) We talk about two different things.

If you look into this forum or other... You can see many have 35C home as normal in the summer. This means the normal max temp the most manufacurers advice as max in their specs sheet is within reach. Will this means the Area have an advantage with 5C higher temp target? Or will this expand the hardwares lifespan? Highly No. But kill it within 3 weeks or two months? Same answer... No.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Ashtrix and raz8020 like this.
  7. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    Perhaps... but to be clear all I'm saying is that I don't know 1 single person in the States (heck anywhere in the World) that uses their laptop (daily) in 104F (40C) temps lol.. that's considered madness here State side... I know @Vasudev lives in a hot climate, but I doubt he is using his laptop inside that has an ambient of 104F...

I've been to many parts of the World to know what HOT + Humid is...trust me... @Papusan you may just be used to your cool ambient temps next to the penguins. :)

VoodooChild, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  8. Dextroz02

Dextroz02 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would like to know aswell. I just ordered my alienware area 51m.

9. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @iunlock Sorry 1tb each for 2tb, u have 2.... 51m.... sweet

It’s indeed luxurious . Downloading AWCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have u tried using two 330watss adapter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk