*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah it's a bummer. Sure?

2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    PM Sent

c69k likes this.
  3. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You probably have a bad paste job or bad contact to the heatsink. Worst case is bad silicon.

4. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I have a factory paste job and will defintely need to repaste in the future. I’m seeing my 9700k at 4.8ghz even with a huge undervolt hit 90s in games that smash the CPU, GPU never goes above 80C in games. I’m fine with it for now though, I’ll let it cook in the 90s as long as it doesn’t throttle. Most games it stays in the 70s and low 80s. HID warranty has me covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SacraficeMyGoat

Reputations:
    Can someone help me figure out how to add this .icm profile to windows color management?

A user here posted a calibrated profile for the AUO panel (same panel i have) and i downloaded and installed it. It shows in drivers, but when i hit browse and add in color management, nothing happens. It just doesn't add it, i've tried multiple times, just not sure where to go from here.

c69k likes this.
  6. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @SacraficeMyGoat

In Microsoft Windows, after you download the .icc profile, you can simply right-click on it and select ‘Install Profile’. If you can’t add ICC profile that way – which can be the case if you have already installed a profile before and want to replace it, copy the profile to the following folder location where the ICC profiles are stored: C:Windowssystem32spooldriverscolor.

Next, open the Color Management from the Control Panel. Tick ‘Use my settings for this device’ option, and then ‘Add…’ the ICC profile. After that, go to the ‘Advanced’ tab where you will have to click on the “Change system defaults” first, and then you can tick the ‘Use Windows display calibration’ and as simple as that – that’s how to load ICC profile.

This method works for installing the ICC profiles for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10.

7. SacraficeMyGoat

Reputations:
    So i've followed those exact instructions, it DOES show the calibration profile within the drivers folder under C:windows/system32/spool/drivers/colors.

But when I click add > browse > select the profile, it does not add it. Not sure what else to try.. It doesn't show up anywhere in profiles on the color management page.

c69k likes this.
  8. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @SacraficeMyGoat

In colour management page tick 'use my settings for this device', then add (browse) the ICC, then select advanced tab, click change system defaults, add (browse) the ICC again, click on advanced tab, check 'use windows calibration'.

9. SacraficeMyGoat

Reputations:
    So when i go to color management, click "use settings for this device," i hit add/browse, click the profile, then nothing happens (as in the profile doesn't show up in the list at all on color management.)

c69k likes this.
  10. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @SacraficeMyGoat

Ughh. Had to reset wireless, my connection dropped LOL.

Okey, then try skipping the red part.

In colour management page tick 'use my settings for this device', then add (browse) the ICC, then select advanced tab, click change system defaults, add (browse) the ICC again, click on advanced tab, check 'use windows calibration'.

Edit: After all is loaded, click set as default profile.