*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Dont know why you are deliberately being obstinate here.

It is a dedicated base speaker... that improves overall sound of the system. Our Alienware skipped it for space for other things.

Some do it well. Other don't.

@Papusan although Logan Wade is "technically" correct lol

Attached Files:

jclausius, LoganWade, raz8020 and 2 others like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    zdroj and jclausius like this.
  3. Tony Olsson

Tony Olsson Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You need to connect with didpaly port to get 240 hz. The monitor recognise the port you are using, and limit the hz to 60 on HDMI connection.

c69k likes this.
  4. LoganWade

LoganWade Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In all fairness I did place a disclaimer in my original comment as to "my" definition of a subwoofer.

raz8020 and Rei Fukai like this.
  5. LoganWade

Reputations:
    Anytime I can be obstinate with @Papusan is a good opportunity for a challenging debate/discussion that may result in learning something new. That is meant as a compliment.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  6. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You're definitely right (when looking at your definition) but if we do it the wikipedia (most verified) way @Papusan pulls on the shorter end of the stick: "A subwoofer (or sub) is a woofer, or a complete loudspeaker, which is dedicated to the reproduction of low-pitched audio frequencies known as bass and sub-bass."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subwoofer

zdroj, jclausius and raz8020 like this.
  7. LoganWade

Reputations:
    Wikipedia is a fake dictionary/encyclopedia :p No offense, but by that basic definition I can call a modified PVC pipe a subwoofer and everyone would look at me like I'm nuts. I mean, people look at me like I'm nuts anyway, but that's not the point here.

A subwoofer is a woofer driver used only for the lowest-pitched part of the audio spectrum. Typically under 200hz for consumer prducts, 100hz for professionial live sound, and under 80hz for THX approved systems. To accurately reproduce very low bass notes without unwanted resonances (typically from cabinet panels), subwoofer systems must be solidly constructed and properly braced to avoid unwanted sounds of cabinet vibrations. As a result, good subwoofers are typically quite heavy. (also from Wikipedia)

mason2smart likes this.
  8. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I though it was more appropriate for the laptop interior (circuitry, fans, vents...). In any case, for dust could be a good solution, but I suppose you will need something more rough for fingerprints or stains

mason2smart likes this.
  9. andrew bentley

andrew bentley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    no one would really want that quality sub in a laptop though surely these gaming laptops are heavy enough as it is with a proper high spec sub it would need wheels

dont get me wrong if you could get that kind of sub without the weight and id definitely want one i pay extra for the upgrades in cars for inbuilt subs love a decent one but not sure the weight would be worth it in a laptop

jclausius and LoganWade like this.
  10. Trulyfatal

Trulyfatal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys i have bought mini displayport to displayport cable to see if i can boost up my Hz but all i get is a black screen.
    And the HDMI is only giving me 60hz pfff...