*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's what I'm finding too, now I just keep my fans on balanced and I live with default rhb... What horrible software though, seriously it's so bad, it's made me reinstall win 3 times .... And reflash my bios cause I think it modifies invisible settings in there too... I thought I would try it again after they updated, what a mistake, now I'm reinstalling windows again. Fakkk

Ultra Male and Darkhan like this.
  2. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yes it is. labelled as the clevo killer by notebookcheck. fastest single GPU in any laptop to date, non of those max q crap.

SlickDragon likes this.
  3. Zellio2013

Zellio2013 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    SO has anyone had their laptop shipped recently? My new arrival date is supposed to be the 4th but it's still only showing 'confirmed'.

This thing is gonna need to ship soon if it's going to arrive on the 4th...

4. Rocktaze

Rocktaze Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Why would you want to uninstall AWCC?

5. jd63636

jd63636 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thinking about purchasing one of these. Primary gaming will be World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth and beyond. My budget is decent but I don't want to spend needlessly as well. I plan on the 9700K since the 8700K is notorious for running hot but the question is will the 2060 do the trick or spend extra for the 2070 to be safe?

6. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I find it better control with undervolting and overclocking GPU and CPU with throttle stop and afterburner. Plus it causes sleep issues with power management and I felt like I had bluescreens every now and then with it installed.
    What do you use?

7. Guille0507

Guille0507 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine shows delivery dates of 4/4/19-4/9/19 and my packing slip shows ship date 4/2/10. It was originally delayed from March 26-28.

---Lunar white 9700k, RTX2070

8. EepoSaurus

EepoSaurus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The game you are looking to run can run on much lower end hardware. This laptop will cost over 2k even at the 2060 level i believe. That being said it's a really good machine with plenty of room to grow. It just is not easily portable or cost effective. For just WoW i would look at lower cost systems. A 1060 equipped machine would be able to run it no problem. You can pick up a used razer for 800 or so and be golden.

If you are set on this laptop having below a 2080 seems a waste. Mine runs great and stays cool. Good luck!

9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    On my m15 I cant find any option to undervolt using the AWCC so I had to install XTU. Isn't there a way to undervolt with AWCC?

@ssj92

10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    There is if you go to the advanced view. It's quite possible AWCC doesn't support UV/OC with the i7-8750H and only works with the i9.

You can XTU or TS fine though and I think they work better.

[​IMG]

Ultra Male likes this.