*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It seems your VRMs are getting hot. We also know that the VRMs get too hot and they blow. Chances are it is related. Since the GPU is on a removable card you may be able to repad the VRMs?

2. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Finally! My RGB ice cream arrived to match my RGB 51m. Let the overclocking begin

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh okay, so CPU does matter quite a bit for Firestrike scores?

Any idea why I would be getting lower scores with higher OCs? I could understand if it was thermal throttling, but when I run FS with +163/+500 GPU temps seem to stay around 56C.

Just not sure what else to do since I cant seem to replicate my best score while OCing higher..

Suppose I could try and OC my CPU some more as I think the 19.3k score I got was at 5-5.1Ghz, I'll have to go back and check..

4. EepoSaurus

EepoSaurus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I appreciate it. I agree on the 9900k I think they put it in to show they had the "best" but you are right the cooling isnt where it needs to be for the guys that want to get the most out of them. We can keep hoping for a vapor chamber to save the day!

iunlock likes this.
  5. Jontoad

Jontoad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yours are the only pictures that make me like the white for some reason. with everything matching it looks sweet.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That is not the record for 2080 Notebook, as 3DMark is recording the 2080 Notebook GPU was in use for the run in error. That run is the result of using the 2080 Ti in the eGPU, not the built-in 2080. 3DMark frequently gets their scoring screwed up when an eGPU is involved. If you expand the secondary GPU sections you will see the 2080 Ti. Probably the only way to get 3DMark to record it accurately would be to disable the 2080 Notebook GPU in Device Manager so that 3DMark Systeminfo doesn't find it when it is doing the hardware scan.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    SlickDragon, Papusan, Ashtrix and 4 others like this.
  7. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes when you match it all the white on this laptop is gorgeous. I love the look of RGB against white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amroth and Fire Tiger like this.
  8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I believe you. Just relax. There are some major elitists around here. One reason I don't come here much anymore and I'm enjoying my desktop.
    I've seen it on the [H] also. The ones with the least disposable income are always the ones who suffer the most when things like this happen.

Does everyone here seem to think that we all have $4,000 burning a hole in our pocket and not care if it goes up in smoke just because "it didn't happen to me, therefore it's fake"?

Just like those airheads on Xtremesystems who verbally harassed me when they said CPU degradation is a myth. And even Intel is partially to blame for removing "functional limits" and "Non functional limits" from their old datasheets (I posted proof of this on OCN).

NEWS FLASH, just because someone has more money than someone else does NOT make them smarter than someone else!

Ok carry on people.

SlickDragon, Kormi, Papusan and 4 others like this.
  9. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'd imagine you had to Max out with the RAM options to get it to cost that much ($5000 without "upgrades"). Otherwise that base price doesn't make sense.I say that because I got basically a maxed out CPU, GPU, and display for 3.5K

Also you pay extra for HIDs cooling upgrades to review them and compare to your own? (Why else pay for them if you knew you were going to open it up)

SlickDragon and Vasudev like this.
  10. Adam181

Adam181 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just purchased my second Area 51M eta 16th April, hopefully this one lasts more than a few hours...at least they gave me a further $100 off, included 1 yr accidental damage and Foxit PhantomPDF.

SlickDragon likes this.