*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it's like R4 all over again

2. Gorebag

Gorebag Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What are the chances the upcoming QHD/UHD screens will be ips?
    AW was late to move to 144hz ips panels in previous generations, which makes me think the QHD/144hz will be TN. That would be a deal breaker for me. Can’t stand TN.

Lantea likes this.
  3. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Instead of making the VRam pads thicker. Just make that 1 recessed pad a lot thinner I think. It is too thick and holding the rest up.

raz8020 and c69k like this.
  4. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It would be an entirely new developed panel. Almost 98% sure they would invest in IPS tech.

5. EepoSaurus

EepoSaurus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Most likely considering you are announcing your personal decisions on your finances to strangers. If you don't want or like something don't buy it. For some reason every time there is the whiff of an issue with this laptop people want to announce that they are canceling their order or thinking about canceling their order.

People seem to love to hate this laptop. Is it perfect? By no means! It is a step in the right direction and i for one support the adventure. I put my money where my mouth is and I am extremely pleased so far. If my laptop blows up I have a warranty that states they can't screw me. I'll extend it if need be and if they release better cooling or a better motherboard then I'll expect them to do right by me. Until Dell actually let's me down I'll treat them fairly. We are all big boys and girls. Let's think objectively and act conservatively.

6. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    LG, Sharp, Toshiba, AUO, Samsung etc - these multinational blue chip companies make panels, not Dell. For example AUO, who make the brilliant UHD panel for the AW17, are working towards a very high resolution OLED with thinner borders. I suspect the next UHD panel for the AW51m will be an AUO OLED.

7. Natale

Natale Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

" Are you sarcastic?"

I think there are ways and ways to respond ... it's just a matter of personal education, having said that I announced my choice not to condition others, I have no interest in this, I was hoping to have used my money for a PC with power, solidity and reliability to guarantee me so much time with him.
    Maybe it will be better in a few months and maybe I'll think about buying it back, I'm not talking bad about anyone ...

I would add that it would have been more logical to thoroughly test a product before marketing it, not everyone (like me) would be willing to waste time, not everyone could use it just to play ...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    zdroj, Vasudev, steberg and 1 other person like this.
  8. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    We need @iunlock magic

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    iunlock and Lantea like this.
  9. Aradhakr84

Aradhakr84 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You have right to your opinion and nobody is arguing about that. I am getting mine today and will give it a chance before jumping to conclusion that I am returning this or moving on to something else.

You have to remember that people will get frustrated with this kind of posts here because this is owners lounge. People here are enthusiasts/owners of area 51m and will give it a chance before blindly canceling it due to issues. When I get it today I will not be afraid to use it as intended and if I come across issues, I will see what can be done. Worst case, if I end up returning it at least I would have the satisfaction of trying it out rather than not taking any chance at all.

steberg, LoganWade and EepoSaurus like this.
  10. EepoSaurus

EepoSaurus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    By all means speak ill of dell if you want. I just more don't understand the impulse to announce buying decisions. To be fair it has been many people in this thread not just yourself. I don't know how many systems have been sold but 5 to 6 bad components out of potentially thousands sold, shipped and delivered is honestly pretty good. It means they at least tried to do a good job and it could be a component issue or a contact issue for thermal pads. The failure ratio is very low so far. If it gets worse then they have some splainin to do.

ssj92, Dagr and LoganWade like this.