*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Obviously I must have been extremely lucky because I have never heard it and I have been in computers for the past 40 years. And what do you mean "high performance motherboards" ? Do they sell "low performance motherboards" ??? Do the coils whine only on "high perf motherboards" but stay silent on the "low performance" ones?

Come on, be fair, I think EVERYONE cares for discounts and ways to get them.

2. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    sorry my main complaint was people filling this thread with posts saying mine shipped mine got delayed mine is with the courier guy.

IMO, there should be another thread for orders and discount coupons because imagine this, some n00bie comes on to the forums seeking info or looking for benchmarks, temps, issues with this laptop, we are already at 502 pages in this thread, can you imagine how difficult would it be for him to find anything useful with such comments that have been going on for the last 10 pages?

I ordered mine, made a separate thread about it and that's that. I don't sit here posting OT messages of what's the status of my order, when it shipped, when I got it, bla bla bla.

Just my 2 cents worth

3. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Somebody needs to page Frank and figure out why this is the second Area 51 to blow up, 2 months into release. This is nuts

Kormi likes this.
  4. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Now that's the kinda conversation that interests me [​IMG]

5. Richard Bortz

Richard Bortz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a question on undervolt, when using ThrottleStop. Should CPU Core and CPU Cashe have the same voltage? Im very new to this undervolt stuff.. I have i7 9700k 2080.. I've been having crashes when using -125 on both, but not when only setting CPU Core to -125 and Cashe to -100. Is it wrong by doing this :S

Kormi likes this.
  6. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    All my Alienwares whine under load, it’s just a byproduct of cramming in high power delivery components

rinneh likes this.
  7. FrankieFrank

FrankieFrank Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Tbh, we are talking about electrical components. Shocker they can fail. 2 machines out of all the sales isn’t a big fail rate.

Shouldn’t panic just because 2 whole machines went up in smoke.

MogRules, Fire Tiger and Spartan like this.
  8. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    yes that's wrong. CPU and Cache Voltage should be the same, even XTU locks them together. It's been like this since Skylake CPUs

9. Richard Bortz

Richard Bortz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okey thank you. Anyone have any tips on which voltage I should aim for? with 9700k 2080 And should I only undervolt CPU Core and CPU Cache?

10. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah this, and pretty much all PC hardware has a form of coil whine, it just depends if the frequency is audible by humans or not and some coils setups dampen it quite a bit.