*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Scary! 2nd one now to put on a smoke show... Hopefully Dell investigates these quickly....

hadi7fold likes this.
  2. Kormi

Kormi Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I hear it with fans on also.... I have it on balanced profile. It says fans run on 43%-49%. I can hear.

Ofc with performance and max, I only hear the fans. In gaming I doubt I will have issue with this but, I do use this computer for youtube, writting, reading, photos, shopping etc

I contacted dell about it and they told me to update all drivers and then they will do something from there side.

Guys, do you see any risk with me asking dell to replace my motherboard only?
    Or is new laptop preferred? (Only issue then is that I might get dead pixel screens etc)

3. severous

severous Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi someone can post their XTU profile for I7 9700K? just to see if i forgotten something

4. minc3

minc3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looks like we are in the same “delayed” batch

hadi7fold likes this.
  5. LoganWade

LoganWade Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Very nice, and very lucky. Mine was originally supposed to arrive 14th - 19th but still no shipped status. Just says it's built with an expected ship date of the 17th.

6. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My laptop changed from pre-production to in production with HIDevolution today!!!! :biggrin:

jclausius, raz8020 and Ultra Male like this.
  7. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Coil whine from the chokes/inductors is completely normal for high performance computer motherboards, however some are louder than others unfortunately. Coil whine is not a fault in any way with the laptop and it wont damage the motherboard if you had to leave it/ignore it. It's up to you if you want Dell to possibly replace your motherboard but there is a big chance that your replacement will make the same whining noise :)

Sven Boden likes this.
  8. Kormi

Kormi Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Not possible get same high pitched sound. I had plenty of high performance laptops and most were silent and some faint sound when eeryhting is silent you could hear. This I hear with fans on and speakers on.

My question was not if I should do something. Its either new laptop or ask them change the motherboard. And if there is any cons to pick the motherboard replacement.

9. Aradhakr84

Aradhakr84 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just checked with Dell support. My order is in transit from Asia to US. Ordered this on 03/08 and my estimated delivery date was 03/14 - 03/19. It seems packing slip I saw was an estimate generated during order, as shipping date can change.

Can't wait to get it. Hope I can receive it by Monday.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  10. lukenathan

lukenathan Newbie

Reputations:
    "I have checked the shipping details and find that it is not available as of now, as we are currently experiencing IT issues and the carrier webscan is not updated with the delivery progress. We are following up with the internal teams to get this fixed." response i got from dell regarding lack of tracking currently.