*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. minc3

minc3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice!!! Thats great, you can receive it on next day.

Kormi likes this.
  2. BrokenNinja

BrokenNinja Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thats crazy the people we speak to in the US for dells sales 90% of them are in India and you cant understand but half of what they are saying if your lucky i think its silly your not able to get someone from india to talk to as well.

Kormi likes this.
  3. Richard Bortz

Richard Bortz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So funny thing. My order was delayed until 20/3, original date was 15/3. So Dell gave me 10% on my order for the hassle. This morning I checked on my tracking nr and it says that it will be delivered 14/3. Yay! On a side note, I ordered it with 512gb ssd and the hybrid 1tb. If they installed win on the hybrid where can I find Windows, if I would reinstalle it on the ssd?

4. zdroj

zdroj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok guys and gals,

I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these laptops with a 9900K and RTX 2080. My question is why I should go the Alienware route over a similarly spec'd and priced Clevo (I will use the Eurocom Sky X7C as an example, but the same chassis can be had from other Clevo resellers as well). Both laptops are "fully" upgradeable. The X7C has a UHS-II card reader built-in, can accept and run RAM above 2400, and I'm not sure if it suffers from the power/power supply issues I've seen some Area 51M users write about here.

For the record, I bought an Alienware 17R4 for my son a couple of years ago, and I have my P570WM...so I have no allegiances to either manufacturer.

So...why go Alienware?

5. BrokenNinja

BrokenNinja Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    When you get the laptop you can use the service number on it in the downloads section and get the windows to install according to a few others like 80-90 pages ago on this topic

minc3 likes this.
  6. Richard Bortz

Richard Bortz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you!

7. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    It depends on how you look at it. Both 150W/190W gpus can instantly hit the max TDP and start the power throttle without even over clocking in most cases. It's more so how each handles power throttling.(Room temps play a serious role in this) Also depends on the overclock and what optimisations one does to achieve said score.

Also to note, people get lost on the scores as a number. Numbers chasing is fun and all, but at the end of the day you look at the FPS score. They are all within 1 to 7 FPS of each other (Extreme bench excluded). Literally. And in the grand scheme of things gaming, This makes them all even if they all maintain 60/120/144 (Depending on screen installed and G-Sync enabled)FPS in games when applicable.

And no, they are forsure drawing said watts, but more so how they pull those watts also makes a difference. We see it as a card whole, but not sure which components are pulling harder. Memory or core. One can gage this by setting clocks to one or the other and check the power draw. There needs to be a balance to get the most out of it when constrained to the marketed TDP.
    I did not see this as well. LOL

Sometimes, even when it makes you reboot it will stick. This depends on how XTU is enabled in a bios. A hasle yes, but i gather sometimes "they" think it's needed.
    And if you make changes sometimes it will try to set something else, will also ask for a reboot.
    I like this. Glad I was able to help you achieve that, else you might have kept thinking +175/+200 was the best your machine had to offer. And a very nice improvement on Physics, but we already knew your prior score was how you say....Not that good for the overclock on AC.
    The rock is back. (+1000 Physic score and back to 1st Graphics score.)
    But.... No young Grasshopper. The Rock took another Smack Down"
    Firestrike_P_gpu30251_9900K_2080-1.PNG
    One more. The bar needed to be raised to a worthy level.

Now i just need to run my simulations on an A51M with 2080 and surpass my Clevo.
    Firestrike_P_gpu30771_9900K_2080-1.PNG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    raz8020, ssj92, SlickDragon and 2 others like this.
  8. Sherif_k

Sherif_k Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I already order Area-51Elite backpack with the laptop

9. kyussmanchu

kyussmanchu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just an FYI, not sure if anyone did this or not. If you get the windows activation issue and you were on WiFi, go wired and run the activation trouble-shooter link. stupidly simple, yet effective and it worked for me.

SlickDragon likes this.
  10. Rocktaze

Rocktaze Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Dunno how you achieved such a huge bump in graphic score.
    I'm guessing you messed with the Vbios, that's an amazing achievements and there no way i can beat that.
    My GPU is 100% maxed out as it is ... i can probably score a nice bench and get +100 points but i can't reach 30,700.

Can you give an hint as to how you achieved that?

Kormi likes this.