*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    There are only two laptops right now that are worth your money:
    1) Alienware Area-51m (better CPU and nicer screen and better keyboard layout than the MSI. I despise the location the the FN key on the MSI GT75 Titan that I have. They placed it on the right making it useless for me to press things like FN + Home or FN+ End on a website to go to the top or bottom since I would have to lift my left finger and take it to the right whilst pressing Home or End with the right finger)

2) MSI GT75 Titan, one of the best cooling in a laptop till date, you will have 0 issues with overheating or throttling provided you increase the VR Current limit in the BIOS from the default 544 to 800 (ask me about this if you get it and I will guide you)

c69k and Rei Fukai like this.
  2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Why bro? That was one of the contenders I was considering earlier when I was contemplating between getting a light laptop like the Alienware M15 or the MSI GS65. What do you not like about it?

Rei Fukai likes this.
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    How are the pre-configured OC levels in the Area 51-m?

I remember when I had an Alienware 18, OC Level 2 and 3 will result in BSODs. Like they didn't properly configure the settings just up the multipliers and let you deal with your CPU lottery luck. Do these OC Levels actually work properly now?

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Why don't you put your system specs in your signature so we can easily see your specs like CPU and RAM?

c69k, raz8020, Darkhan and 1 other person like this.
  5. Kuronos

Kuronos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Welp, dell updated my order after telling me its only been delayed a day, to now being delayed a week. Done waiting for them to keep pushing it back, canceling.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Papusan, Mr. Fox, c69k and 1 other person like this.
  6. FrankieFrank

FrankieFrank Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just give them a change. When you get it your gonna love it. My order has been delayed aswell. From 12-3-2019 to 18-3-2019.
    Asked them today over the chat whats the hold up. There was a part shortage last week, order is now on green for production.

Waiting game is hard, but canceling it doesn't get you anywhere.

7. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can swap Fn with Win key functionality on the BIOS, so the FN problem is a non issue..

alaskajoel likes this.
  8. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Yes, these look way better. Great job! This is what a legit A51M should produce.
    As to the answer to your other question....Nope. :D
    CinebenchR15_2052_9900K_2080.PNG

And that's still a big 10-4 negative. :D
    CinebenchR15_2165_9900K_2080.PNG

Before people start getting all carried away, I am just messing with @ssj92

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    ssj92, Papusan, Mr. Fox and 3 others like this.
  9. Jaxigar

Jaxigar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ahhh hell... well guys.. it wasn’t easy, but I’ve decided to get a full refund on this laptop... as good as it seems to be, I feel like the premium price stands out more. Gonna check out HiDevolution for a SFF case and see what I can get.. hopefully things won’t be tampered with by engineers like they’ve done with Alienware. Oh, and on another note, the rep haggled the HELL out of me lol.. boys, if you want to save a bit of cash on your purchase just act like you want to return it.. sound like you mean it though... play the part.. I managed to have him drop the price by $450 but still I had to turn it down.

10. BrokenNinja

BrokenNinja Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Post the Ram info & SSD's info & manufacturer in your 51m laptops if purchased from Dell directly.
    I was told by Dell support they put what ever they have available at the time the laptop is assembled.
    I'd love to see what each country and different configuration get for the overpriced Ram/SSD combo's.

o_O