*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Does that tool download a clean Windows installation where you have to install the drivers yourself from scratch or does it already have the drivers for your machine with the service tag preinstalled?

how is the image downloaded with that tool different than the standard Windows image from the Media Creation Tool? does it have any OEM info and whatnot pertaining to your laptop like the Alienware wallpapers and/or logos?

propeldragon likes this.
  2. Nyceis

Nyceis Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Its a joke - look at the rest of the specs; none of them exist yet :)

3. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    What... I see NOTHING wrong with @ssj92 's build: Alienware Area-51M: Intel Core i10 10990K | 128GB DDR4 3800Mhz | RTX Titan | 4K 120Hz

I just cant wait for the laptop RTX Titian FPS score in 3D mark... and seeing if he can run all that ram at 3800 MHZ!! :D:p

PS. When is the 4K 120hz screen going to be released :eek:

c69k, raz8020 and Darkhan like this.
  4. blazkowicz009

blazkowicz009 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I do not know that but after installation i have to install all the drivers, so I guess It dose clean installation, No it does not have Alienware wallpapers and logo

5. Spartan

Reputations:
    I thought the latest/best CPU is the i9-9900K I can't even find his CPU on G00gle

6. Spartan

Reputations:
    ok I got pnwed

[​IMG]

raz8020 and Darkhan like this.
  7. Spartan

Reputations:
    So it's useless then and no different than the default Windows 10 Media Creation Tool :rolleyes:

8. blazkowicz009

Reputations:
    Yes that is true!

9. blazkowicz009

Reputations:
    Has one any found a good bag for Alienware area 51m, that is durable and can take both the power cords.

10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    If we'll get Cpu's with lower TDP vs. previous gen chips, be you sure the notebook engineers will push hard for even slimmer design or and use slower/less noisy fans. Their target is to let temps stay within max allowed (100C for intel) before implement better cooling. This so called tweaks (admission of failure) will trump any costly improved cooling. Whats better than use Intel's own throttling mecanism?

As well put lower fan speed than allowed from the fans doesn't help either on high temps. This is done for less noise, not for improved cooling. Apple have done this for ages (Low fan noise but high heat) as you know. Why shouldn't rest of the notebook industri follow same paths. Of course they do.

See also MSI's Ceo statement for the futuree for laptops. We will see thinner models... With cpu's who use less power. Then just shrink the notbook chassis. No better cooling!

And the 135W TDP limits you hope for wont be any different than the 120/128w we already see today. The 166w from the Intel chips is more as an illusion. At best, run for a short trip before the house of cards collapses (when PL1 kicks in).

And if I remeber correct, Current AMD chips have a lot lower temp threshold than Intel chips. + the 135w we talk about ain't for max Turbo on all cores. Exactly as Intel, you'll need higher voltage = Higher heat to run max bore on all those cores (put all cores as single bost speed). Not so sure that AMD will be *the savior* for not good enough cooling.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019