*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    "Hello Reddit!

This will be our official Support account for Reddit, starting very soon. We are gonna be here to help the community in as many things as possible from this spot.
    We will be hearing your tech queries and scouting this subreddit in search for any area in which we can be a good resource for the community.

We'll be focused on helping you with previously opened requests on the technical support end, In-Warranty support, tips and troubleshooting of specific issues just as we do on our owned forums."

That's not the case anymore. They've probably noticed that of their mainstream users are only on Reddit, and the critics reside on NBR. By intergrating Reddit in to one of their communication channels, it's easier to censor things like calling them out on their bad Q&A and bad marketing shemes (like with the heatsink).

just my 2 cent's. Azor and his soldier haven't visited NBRF in ages, probably cause i would start a crusade to prove him wrong about his statements he made in the past (regarding why he/AW stopped being awsome and began taking money from a corporate devil) even NBR themselfs are critics of AW and have made posts about the 17 r4 and 15 r3 debacle.

Cass-Olé, Papusan and Spartan like this.
  2. QUICKSORT

QUICKSORT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Lol I'm also using Kaspersky Internet Security
    LOL

I will test that out later today. Thank you!

Joikansai likes this.
  3. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Papusan likes this.
  4. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's a post on the Alienware subreddit by their Official reddit account. They don't have a subreddit, so they posted and contacted the mods in the Alienware Sub to let them know they now have an official reddit account and they will be offering support through the unofficial alienware subreddit. But I can assure you they do not run the Alienware sub, nor are they mods, simply an account that follows the subreddit to help solve issues that are posted to the alienware subreddit (because 90% of the posts on that sub are people asking for help with issues.)

I personally think this is a step in the right direction, as a lot of people post on the Alienware sub reddit (assuming its run by alienware, even though it states in the info that it is not run by alienware, or anyone that works there, just people who own alienwares or are curious about purchasing them.)

I agree 100% Alienware has done some shady things and they aren't what they used to be, but all major companies have flaws. I have a feeling this year and the following years will change drastically in terms of support. They seem to be putting themselves out there and reaching out to customers to help solve issues and answer questions. It's a step in the right direction if you ask me, and with the re-release of the 51m, that shows they're at least attempting to go back to their roots. This is the first revision, so its going to take some time to work out the kinks.

On a side note, my 51M will be arriving Tuesday. Can't wait to get my hands on it, but knowing the luck I had with my 17 R5, I'm a bit apprehensive.

Rei Fukai and Amroth like this.
  5. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    But you do know the moderator, is an AW fan just like @Papusan proved. It's not a moderator, he censors and he's done it more often. That all major companies have flaws is true, but you do also forget that those companies that have flaws and actively try to mascarade them and act like nothing is going on, those companies get called out and viled. Apple is also still battleling louis rossman, just because Apple keeps deploying anti-consumer practices. And Facebook, since camebridge debacle they haven't been out of sight of the news and that's all because people got fed up with Facebook and now Youtube Netflix and disney (And even EA) have trouble making money. Those are all companies with flaws that extend to malicious practices regarding selling of products (and manipulating customers/consumers)

Ashtrix and Papusan like this.
  6. Amroth

Amroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just wanna say it's nice to be back on this forum. The vast majority of members are here to help each other- and usually offer balanced, informative opinions. Cheers guys :D

Cass-Olé, Jaxigar and Kormi like this.
  7. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    SlickDragon likes this.
  8. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Alright boys I took it out. Looks nice.

Out of the box...for some reason it was running 4.2GHz all core:
    [​IMG]

I used TS to set the all core multiplier to 4.7Ghz as I think this is stock... hit 100C:

[​IMG]

5Ghz max speed fans 100C and thermal throttled about half-way in the test to 4.6Ghz

[​IMG]

More to come tomorrow. The stock HDD is unbearable I can't wait to get an SSD in here. I literally turned on the laptop.....set up windows..ran cinebench LOL

From the quick runs I did , thermals are the issue not power..yet..gonna have to bring these temps down by a lot to see how power fairs. Maybe tomorrow.

@Johnksss @Mr. Fox @Papusan @Ultra Male

9. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah he is, whether he removes posts that make AW look bad or not, to make AW look better, I disagree.

I can tell you the sub is filled with negative posts regarding Dell/Alienware (mainly due to their garbage customer service) and that probably gets old. Hell, I get sick of seeing all of the negative posts as well, theres atleast a couple daily and I've contributed to that as well. Sometimes people need to vent, and lately its just more negative posts than positive.

By this point, everyone should be aware Dell has less than desirable customer service and shady ethics. My point being, they most likely don't want a toxic environment for their subs. I don't know the mod personally, nor do I talk to him on a regular basis, this is just my assumption based on what I've seen.

There's tons of issues with Dell/AW that need to be sorted out, mostly on the customer service/sales side, but here I am purchasing my 2nd machine even though I had various issues with my first that they failed to fix. Even had issues ordering my 51m (as did most) but it was the best option for myself in terms of a desktop replacement. Though if it weren't for their variety of warranty options and their financing plans, I probably would have went elsewhere. Not happy I spent my money @ Dell AGAIN for the second time, but i have hope with the amount of attention they're getting with the 51m, they'll work on their problems. It might not be an instant change, but they seem to be headed in the right direction.

This is just my opinion though, we all have one. I'm happy to have a civil discussion on the topic though.

Rei Fukai, Cass-Olé and propeldragon like this.
  10. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I assume you use an SD because it doesn't protrude from the system?

I've used one of these before when SD was not available:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Low-Profile-Drive-SDCZ33-016G-B35/dp/B005FYNSZA