*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. shadowerasea

shadowerasea Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My Area 51m from HID is gonna be shipped today/tomorrow, i can't wait. I have the i9-9900k delidded with the rtx 2080 combo. So excited! Hopefully will be playing with it by earlier next week.

DannyB513 and Spartan like this.
  2. Richard Bortz

Richard Bortz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you think that your area 51m is quieter than your clevo? Im kinda torn because they said that my order is delayed and now im looking at some clevo configs:(

3. firedog

firedog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here is a shot of my Area-51m Elite backpack with the laptop inside. Note it doses not fit in the pouch but the compartment it's in has a foam pad at the bottom that the machine rests on for protection. The pouch fits my MacBook Pro 15 with room to spare. The bag is cavernous, I feel like they could have slimmed it down a bit for day use.

packpack.jpg

Terreos likes this.
  4. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well the costumer service and responsiveness of Hidevolution makes me think that if i get the Alienware 51m, they may be the best choice. Not to mention the best thermal options such as Delidding and Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut & Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads. Will update if i end up going with them.

Spartan and Jaxigar like this.
  5. shadowerasea

Reputations:
    My first time ordering from them and Ted from Hidevolution has been amazing at answering all my questions and helping me modify my order a few times. Great customer service and I did get the delidded i9-9900k and rtx 2080 option from them, I hope to have it by next week.

Spartan and SlickDragon like this.
  6. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Good to know. That would've been trippy if you could fit two of those mammoths in there at once. Lol. When you say cavernous do you mean to wide or deep? I'm a bigger framed man so it might be perfect for me. ;)

Aaaaan just got my email from fedex. Mine is on its way. Possibly Monday at the earliest. Think they should work overtime and get it to me sunday. :rolleyes:

Jaxigar likes this.
  7. Kuro Kensei

Kuro Kensei Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Pretty sure I'll still be using it when zombie apocalypse begins in a few years, haha.

c69k and Terreos like this.
  8. firedog

firedog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's feels quite deep, and very tall, when I measure it it's 8.5" deep, 22" high, and 14.5" wide. So depth is not so bad I guess but something about the proportions sit's funny, could be that it does not taper at the top (8" deep at the top). I'm 5' 8" and with it on my back it looks big on me, so still on the fence on if I'll keep it. If your taller I think the proportions are going to be better for you.

The pouch in the laptop compartment will easily fit my 17R3 from a width but the laptop sits a fraction too high to close the zipper comfortably. Imagine hauling the 17R3 and the Area-51m in the backpack :)

Terreos likes this.
  9. Jaxigar

Jaxigar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I’d say it’s both wide and deep. Definitely spacious and some good protective measures were added into the build.

Terreos likes this.
  10. shadowerasea

Reputations:
    you dont happen to have the messenger bag do you? I am planning to bring this laptop with me to Spain and was curious if the messenger bag was sturdy