*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh damn ! well i hope you'll get it soon. I light up from the inside when i get new tech so i hope you won't have any more delays.

Do you already have some plans regarding tuning/OC'ing or is it just for casual usage or gaming (even though the AW makes gaming laptops, i bought it to benchmark on it. (k processor)) playing games is fun, but i learn more from tweaking my system all day long. Some people like to game all day long so for gaming this beast should be more than enough (you can always plug an external display to your laptop for a higher refresh rate !) sadly enough i'm a tweaker, and i like to create more with less (like jesus with the fish and bread but on a believable macro level lol) For the people that like to extract every Mhz that their system has to offer (like me) are not at the good place @AW sadly :( times changed

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Jaxigar and Fire Tiger like this.
  2. Halewafa

Halewafa Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Not sure about Paris, but for me in the states they say it’ll be shipping on March 5th with delivery on the 6th... not getting my hopes up on that timeline though

3. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm gonna do a clean install this weekend I think. I like to do that on new rigs.

Rei Fukai likes this.
  4. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If i was you, i would:
    1 - make a clean install,
    2 - install all your drivers,
    3 - create a image with macrium and start to benchmark the F out of my rig
    4 - When it crashes, just start it up with the Macrium prepared USB stick where the macrium restore image is located, so it reverts my whole windows installation to the image.
    5 - save your personal files and programs on a m.2 or an ssd.
    6 - Enjoy benchmarking and pushing my system past it's factory limits.

That way you know for sure you never ever have to install anything again. Reverting an image costs 10 minutes lol so i never work without macrium anymore. For all the people i fix computers or laptops from all of their machines i have an macrium image (with drivers and errthing, but you could also create your own image with factory installed programs but it takes some time)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    raz8020, Jaxigar and Darkhan like this.
  5. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Here is a few glamour shots of the outside. There are two big main compartments. And both seem to have a laptop sleeve. I'm assuming one is supposed to be for a keyboard? They look the same size though. So I'll know once I get the laptop tuesday.

20190228_172534.jpg 20190228_172543.jpg 20190228_172551.jpg

6. Kuronos

Kuronos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine is estimated ship on the 4th and get here the 5th. US

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. Kuro Kensei

Kuro Kensei Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For comparison, here's my trusty 7 year old backpack that's been with me to numerous fishing, camping and business trips!

IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg

Jaxigar and Terreos like this.
  8. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Now that's an old an trusty pack. Hopefully this new one holds up that well.

9. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It will mainly be used for gaming. However, when I first get it I plan on abusing it just to see what it can handle. I have already purchased the full 3D Mark suite from Steam, have Aida64, Cinebench, and Furmark ready to go as well, and trying to decide if I want to spend the money on the extended versions of Unigine Heaven and Superposition which allows you to loop the benchmark or just use the free versions of them.

I want to find the best balance between overclocking and temperature management.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
    Jaxigar likes this.
  10. Sven Boden

Sven Boden Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Had to send my first one back, because of Screen issues, with a 15% discount i now got a i9 9900k, has anybody experiences how the A51M handels it? :)