*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Try @j95 mod NVIDIA_CONTROL_PANEL_UWP_8.1.949.0_X64.EXE (COPY TO DESKTOP AND RUN AS ADMIN)
    See also http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...m-owners-lounge.826831/page-206#post-10866710

j95, Rei Fukai, Darkhan and 1 other person like this.
  2. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    No one has gotten the standard drivers to install with inf mod?

3. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Syste...GPUs-and-8th-Gen-Intel-Core-CPU.410989.0.html

Lookes like there is a new player in the laptop space. This one comes with RTX 2060 (no max-Q) RTX 2070 (no max-Q) RTX 2080 (no max-Q). Cpu's are the same as last year (8750H) but it's ram runs @3000 Mhz accroding to the spec sheet. IF this would be true, this just proves DELL is holding back performance on the A-51m platform (like they do on their desktop) .

How come 8th gen can run 3000 but an AW that's twice as expensive is limited to 3000 ? Maybe Azor should have a talk with his "monkeys" (ahem excuse me ""engineers"")

Lost all my interest at this point. Thing us just another castrated AW.

Darkhan likes this.
  4. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You do realize that their systems are built for linux? Yes, I know that you can load Windows on it, but where on the website does it state that the RAM will run at 3000MHz with Windows installed?

5. Richard Bortz

Richard Bortz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    9700k 2080 32gb 144hz gsync

6. Rei Fukai

Rei Fukai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You do know it has nothing to do with operating system, but all with the firmware. If your UEFI/BIOS does not have for example the settings to play with RAM speeds, it will be locked and the operating system would not be able to make changes. Even now there are almost no consumer programs where you can edit your UEFI/BIOS settings while in windows. if windows supports 3000Mhz, and if the ram is being pushed to 3000Mhz, if the speed is not locked there is no operating system that could hold back your RAM speed. althoug windows works different than Linux, You can create from your windows 10 image an ramdisk and execute windows from the ram (while loading it in the ram while booting). This would make your os faster, and would push the RAM certainly to it's limits.

XMP and overclocking are all done from the UEFI/BIOS and is also more stable. all way before the SSD or HDD drive has been polled the BIOS/UEFI has started from a volatile memory somewhere on your mobo (or just a simple bios chip) there lives your UEFI which is essentially a small operating system on it's own.

Darkhan and DannyB513 like this.
  7. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well you are missing 360 vertical lines, or about 25% screen space at the bottom! Also missing 640 columns, that's 25% screen space on the side. Area wise you are missing 43.75% !!!

And you say "I don't miss anything there" ???

Darkhan likes this.
  8. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I screwed that up!! Just got back from the gym and went partial retard.

Kormi and Rei Fukai like this.
  9. euphoric28

euphoric28 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the standard driver installed. All i did was uninstall everything nvidia except for geforce experience and control panel. Then I rebooted and disabled the video card. I went into geforce experience and installed the new driver and that was it. It is working well.
    Capture.JPG

Rei Fukai likes this.
  10. jamesjacks22

jamesjacks22 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver of there website for laptops. Checked the inf file and looked up the gpu and the only RTX 2080 they have listed is the max q’s. I tried modding it with the area 51m GPUs details but it still won’t install.

I installed the latest driver with the GeForce Experience but I have experienced slighr stutters during games where the frames just drop massively then bounce back.