*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Both MSI and Alienware's have had problems with faster ram. Would be nice if the Area-51m owners could disable the Dell OC app, even ACC if it's possible in Autoruns.exe and then test out what options can be used/tweaked in pure XTU software. Because the bios is almost almost empty for options in the advanced menu.

For the records. The paths in notebooks MB doesn't always play nice with faster ram. Some notebooks is worse than others. A good Cpu memory controller and better ram won't help on this. And a badly written firmware does't make it any better.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  2. Jaxigar

Jaxigar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree 100%
    I’m paying roughly $4700 for my build + - amount for the carrying bag.. I think I’ll get one.. I got the 2080 card for the 51M... tbh I can’t see myself pushing out another $1000+ for the ti version.. so I’m wondering, for strictly gaming, which graphics card do you think would go perfect with this amp?

3. gthirst

gthirst Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, for whatever reason the Area-51m is locked at 2400 :( Everyone keeps hoping for a bios update to address that. The 2080 is getting a vbios update to increase to 200w, so hopefully we see that kind of support.

Spartan likes this.
  4. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Msi RTX 2080ti Lightning :)

5. Trulyfatal

Trulyfatal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How come your tobii is giving light balls ? mines just dark lol

6. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yikes... You should have ordered it from Dell. Just ordered 2 and they were $4.99 each. Also, you'll have to order the heatsink screws (M2x3) from 3rd party, as Dell is out of stock somehow...

7. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Look at your Tobii through a smartphone camera and you will see the light balls too. The light is picked up by a digital camera but not the human eye.

8. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  9. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    You know.....There is no way you can get 11k in Timespy with a core of +160 and memory at +95 right?
    Your cpu was not running 5.3 ghz on all 8 cores and 16 threads either. There is just to much power draw for that. And your cpu scores are too low for that to be possible.
    And you did not get 2280 from Cinebench R15 either, it draws more than A51M is allowed to pull. And that is hard coded in to the machine. Something you can not change.
    Not one screenshot for any of these scores, but yet you have screenshots of all your lower scores?

Only speaking on benchmarks only.
    I'm just saying is all...

@iunlock That's because Asus put out a factory 200W vBios and A51M came with 190W factory. Not really sure how much 10 watts is going to help though. I was pushing for 250W, but you know how that is....

bennyg, captn.ko, Rei Fukai and 3 others like this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I don't think this will help so much. If Dell follow same paths for Alienware Area-51m as what they now changed for their new Alienware m15 and m17 you will have to expect average Cpu temperatures under heavy load at less than or equal to 100℃.

New times. The new specifications are: For Coffee lake in the Alienwares!
    [​IMG]
    As we know... There are several ways to cut costs.

Ashtrix, j95, Rei Fukai and 3 others like this.