*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Futuremark validation links and Cinebench screen shots?

The highest recorded Fire Strike run I can find for any system with a RTX 2080 Notebook GPU is more than that and it's not from an Area 51m... https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18089754

The highest recorded Time Spy run I can find for an RTX 2080 Notebook GPU is slightly more than that and it is not from an Area 51m... https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6038087 and the highest I can find for the Area 51m is less than that... https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6374437

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Johnksss, Prema, raz8020 and 4 others like this.
  2. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In his pics on Imgur, one of them shows the power plan and it is set to Ultimate Power.

ETA: Somebody else above said that they tried going back to balanced and it didn't help any. I was not sure if what Bob of All Trades said in his video was valid or not as I never use anything other than Balanced power plan.

3. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    A lot of people are saying things but not posting. When I get the Area-51M I'll be sure to post the links and SS as well.

@Mr. Fox does the rockit delid tool from 6700K/7700K also work on 9900K?

bennyg, Johnksss, raz8020 and 5 others like this.
  4. DannyB513

Reputations:
    I will as well so everyone can see if delidding the 9700K makes a huge difference.

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah, but does this matter? Nope. I have used High and Ultimate power plans with Throttlestop a long time on Coffee. Ultimate power plan is only M$'s expencive Scam. One or two small changes vs. High performance power plan and none affect cpu performance.. Balanced plan is in short used due crippled cooling. Some people recommend it for those with heat problems.

Ashtrix, raz8020, VoodooChild and 5 others like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I believe it will, but I have not used it on a 9900K myself. I am not sure if that is what Steve Burke (GamersNexus) used or if he used the one made by Roman (der8auer), but I have no reason to believe it will not work fine.

It's kind of sad that the BIOS is so gimped. Good that ThrottleStop and XTU work though, because that stupid Windows 10 UWP app looks like an utter piece of crap. I don't get the 2666 memory speed limit either. That's just pure nonsense. We have been running 3000 and 3200 on Clevos for a couple of years now. There's no reason (other than ignorance on the part of their engineers) for them to be capping the RAM speed like that. They need to just release a BIOS that is actually worthy of the 9900K and stop playing silly control freak games with their firmware.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Ashtrix, raz8020, VoodooChild and 7 others like this.
  7. DannyB513

Reputations:
    I do believe Steve at Gamers Nexus used the der8aur tool.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Thanks for this. I was wondering why my download was so slow. I used the program and now the Download speed is so much quicker.

Spartan likes this.
  9. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    RIP Monday's midterm......my Area-51M delivery date was changed to THIS thursday

:eek::confused::D

I'm also baffled about the 2666 memory issue! I've been communicating with them over twitter and there's so positive things going on and some mystery stuff that still needs to be solved.

If they listen to us I'd be surprised. I requested them to add BIOS OC support for @EepoSaurus 8700K which he said runs amazing in the system. He can already use XTU to OC but said TS doesn't work with that CPU.

I was also surprised 200W vBIOS is coming which is nice and all but we'll see how much it helps...

When I flashed my 1060 with a 88w vBIOS compared to 78W stock, it wasn't much of a difference.

raz8020, VoodooChild, c69k and 5 others like this.
  10. Err0xx

Err0xx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Don't have any screenshots for any single run high scores, frankly because I don't care about them. They're not indicative of what the system can do in most situations. Everything runs better before heat sets in. I do have screenshots of the 20 runs though. Anyone can cold start a PC, immediately run a benchmark, and score much higher than the following runs.

My 3Dmark software isn't "official" so I cant submit them online- so I don't have validation links but you can see the valid check in the screenshot. Also have Cinebench 20 run screenshot. Idle Temp.jpg Untitled.jpg Firestrike Score.jpg

steberg and ThatOldGuy like this.