*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. evangelionpunk

evangelionpunk Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Why don't people tweet frank azor and get direct confirmation about the 8 heat pipe and the tobi hello windows camera issue?

euphoric28 likes this.
  2. euphoric28

euphoric28 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    why don't you do it. I've already tweeted him enough tonight. Don't want him to stop answering my questions lol

3. euphoric28

Reputations:
    btw if anyone wants full support for the 8700k Frank Azor pointed me to talk to @bagman317

4. mattcube64

mattcube64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If the 9900k + 2080 does have the 8 pipes; does that mean others got the wrong thing (we've seen this combo before)? Or is the CES cooling gonna be tied to something stupid like having more RAM or storage, too? This could be interesting...

5. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Bit the bullet and ended up ordering one directly from Dell instead of Xotic.

16GB RAM (will replace with the 32GB 2800MHz RAM in my GE73)
    512GB RAID 0 with 1TB SSHD (will replace the 2 256GB NVME's with the 2 1TB NVME's in my OG Razer Blade Pro and the 1TB SSHD with the 2TB one in my GE73 and put these included drives in the other laptops)
    Win 10 Pro
    4 year Premium Warranty
    4 year Accidental Warranty (these warranties are the main reason I ended up ordering from Dell. Too good a deal to pass up getting 4 years of each for price of 3. Other reason being Xotic will not even be getting their stock of Area 51's until the end of March at the soonest)

Also bought the Area 51-M backpack and the XL mouse pad.

Got it all out the door including tax for less then 4 grand.

Only thing that sucks is that Dell will not ship a 17" laptop to an APO address so I had them ship to my address with APOBox.com. APO Box will flip the shipment and ship to me through Priority Mail with insurance.

The backpack and mouse pad have already shipped thru FedEx. Laptop is due to arrive at APO Box by 14 March. Once it arrives there I will have it within 5-7 days.

Fire Tiger and euphoric28 like this.
  6. carlodelmazo

carlodelmazo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah I tweeted him already and he not saying nothing.

Cass-Olé likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    And Azor needed near 5 years to understand this. I hope he will burn in with all of those already produced new thin 17,3 inch Aw BGA models. The numbers below speak for themself.
    upload_2019-2-22_7-8-56.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Ashtrix, jclausius, raz8020 and 5 others like this.
  8. euphoric28

Reputations:
    you might not hear anything until tomorrow. Sometimes it takes him some time to respond

Edit: Although his ears should be on fire right now!

Cass-Olé likes this.
  9. carlodelmazo

carlodelmazo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks fam, this can really help a lot of us that are wondering what is going on.

It might be because you went for the highest conf you got the big heatsink? But the people that went for smaller setups like the popular 8gb ram, 9900k/9700k, 2080/2070 got the smaller heatsink, but that’s just my wondering.

10. euphoric28

Reputations:
    Well i have an 8700/2070 with 8gb of ram being delivered on tuesday but I will be busy that night but as soon as I crack it open I'll take some pics. First order of business is putting in my nvme's and creating a raid then cloning the original drive over to those. Shortly after I will either be throwing in an 8700k or a 9900k