*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. 1Schumsta1

1Schumsta1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    - Display backlight bleeding? - A little bit on top corners but acceptable.
    - Panel OC - Why should i do that with a 144Hz Display?
    - Undervolting - Atm its possible to undervolt only CPU. (-0.150V max. but a little bit unstable with 9700K)
    - Overclocking - GPU + 150Mhz Core, +200Mhz(maximum on AW CC Slider), CPU is stable on 5Ghz if you want and need
    - Game benches and temps - I just play BF5 atm and there are much pics from me + hwinfo
    - pch temps - ~50°C after 5 hours running.
    - new AWCC features - dont know, had old 3.6 Alienware Command Center for AW18
    - high res pics + videos - I think there are much videos and pics made from 51m. I dont think you really need a video from me playing BF5 :D

There are so many posts from me and others with pics in this thread. You just have to search for yourself ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    raz8020, Papusan, Terreos and 3 others like this.
  2. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmmm. Makes me even more unsure if now is the right moment to order a 51M. I have a 8700K/GTX 1080 Clevo, so I am really in a position to wait if that gives me a better spec.

c69k likes this.
  3. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

i thought 136w is the max? mhm :rolleyes:

Falkentyne likes this.
  4. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i think we have a different definition of ,,stable,, i havent seen a´single prime or at least CBr15 run @5ghz with stable clocks yet.

most of them are very superficial.

great!

thats what i mean with superficial. What is acceptable to you, does not have to be for others ;) a non overexposured pic in a dark room would be perfect to see the reality ^^

c69k and alberty like this.
  5. 1Schumsta1

1Schumsta1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yeah but every display is not the same and has different backlight bleed. And if i accept this on my panel, you need to do that with yours. Makes no sense for me xD

c69k likes this.
  6. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    the last generations the display mount was too tight. Most IPS panels (4K bleed was horrible) had similar bleed. If we see a few pictures, we can guess what we can expect.

7. ninja2000

ninja2000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine has very little bleed. Far better than the Razer Blade pro 120hz panel I also have

I am terrible with photography so I am not going to attempt to photo it as it wouldn't be representative of real life.

1Schumsta1 likes this.
  8. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Did I just get memed? :eek:

HookemAZ and Cass-Olé like this.
  9. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Azor stated at CES that the reason why these and all other slim bezel 17 inch RTX laptops are using 1080p 144Hz screens is that they were the only screens available for the thin bezel design. Alienware and everyone else are waiting on the panel manufacturers to start building higher res screens that will fit into these smaller footprint designs.

Latostno likes this.
  10. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Pretty much none of the US users on here that ordered them have received them yet.

They keep getting dicked around by Dell and constantly having to cancel and re-submit orders or are being told their laptop will ship in the next 2-3 days to then get a message saying they won't get their laptops until March. This is why you aren't seeing a whole lot.

This debacle is why I have decided not to order one at all as of now. Was ordering thru Xotic PC until they posted that instead of the end of February they will not be receiving their stock to even begin their custom builds until the end of March now.

HookemAZ, c69k and Fire Tiger like this.