*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t imagine you would be able to notice the difference in day to day use, the EVO is plenty fast already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  3. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have taken a close look at Gsync vs non and cons down to prefer Gsync at least on Area51m, and if my old tired eyes can see the difference I’m sure others can too, but it still is a matter of personal preference and comes down to what your watching at the time.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  4. sasman1964

sasman1964 Newbie

Reputations:
    I notice you have Both Samsung ssd and Sabrent ssd what Heat sink do you use?

nader_rizk2003 likes this.
  5. Helifax

Helifax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys & gals!

I've got a few questions and a few requests, especially for people that got the Alienware Area-51m lately (and who presumably don't know anything about overclocking or undervolting. I do not blame them, as there is nothing to blame them for). Obviously, they witnessed and got hit hard by the CPU & GPU thermal problems (and hard GPU thermal throttle).

Thus, I've decided to make a video on how to "effortlessly" avoid it:

I am not sure if it will help anyone here, but I hope it will :)
    (I do plan to make another video a bit more in-dept talking about GPU voltage/frequency curves using MSI Afterburner - including tips & tricks of using it and Intel XTU overclocking/undervolting and so on. But as that is on a much more advanced level, I decided not to include it here)

If you have any questions, please do let me know!

Thank you!
    Cheers!

RMLJD, sasman1964, uugui shi and 7 others like this.
  6. nader_rizk2003

nader_rizk2003 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The OEM heatsink from dell but with .5mm fujipoly extreme between the heatsink and the nvme PLUS 1.5mm on the other side of the nvme.

7. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I use these on both my SSD’s and they fit and work.

Advancing Gene NVMe M.2 2280 SSD Heatsinks Cooler, Universal Type (2nd Gen) [/URL]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074Y5DZ4N[/URL]

nader_rizk2003 likes this.
  8. S1ammin

S1ammin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I love your attitude. You help those that don't know. For those that don't know from days back when, it seemed Alienware came about as a result of a lot of self-builders, who upped the game when it came to squeezing out more value for your $$$ than what you paid for. Alienware popped up as a group that would save you all the hassle of researching the mixing and matching of components that could provide for above spec performance, saving you loads of time and research. Their OOB systems routinely outperformed just about everything else, but these systems typically were built to go beyond too. I love ASUS for this reason as well.

9. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    The AGA will not work work with the unit's internal panel, only an external one that could support Gsync. This is confirmed with Dell in their specs.

10. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They were Clevo and white-box re-sellers like all the other Micros. They competed with VooDoo PC, Origin PC, Malibal, and Falcon Northwest in the highest price segment of custom Clevo (and sometimes Compal) notebooks. Their custom lids helped them stand out. Also, they were more willing than others to do some firmware and hardware mods... at a price. Customizations were rather costly.
    I am not sure about "Value" in the custom gaming laptop segment was ever a thing.

Donald@HIDevolution, Lopt and S1ammin like this.