*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It works with the games it can find, but the fans are spooling up for me when I open apps like Wallpaper Engine and Rockstar Social Club (before even opening a game). This never happened before I did the update so I assume its something within. I think its a good feature but I want to be in control of it and for what apps it works on, whereas at the minute there is no option to show when or what app it'll kick in on.

2. Sup3rKillaX

Sup3rKillaX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So in bios 1.9.0 gpu temp limit will be 83?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

3. Fire Tiger

Reputations:
    I'm not sure this has worked brother, last night I had 79% when I shut down. I only had 74% when I started it this morning. Chargers were in for about a minute before I turned it on.

Admittedly the example above isn't much of a margin, however, previously there has been a more significant margin.

Not sure what can be causing power drain when the machines shut down and the UBS PowerShare option has been disabled. I'll monitor and chance speaking with Dell support if it continues, I just don't fancy coming home to a bulging battery.

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Could be anything. Only God know how Dell's engineers have screwed up the firmware.

Here's how to fix battery drain after shutdown on your laptop

See also... http://forum.notebookreview.com/search/34298953/?q=battery+drain&t=post&o=relevance&c[thread]=826831

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  5. Fire Tiger

Reputations:
    Papusan and Rei Fukai like this.
  6. chewbakaats58

chewbakaats58 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I hope its higher than 83. Why cant it be max of 87? 83 could still be reached fairly easy.

7. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think 83c will be an improvement, if I remember correctly on BIOS 1.5.0 I only ever reach 79c - 80c overclocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea mine does not do that, completely uninstall AW command center, & OC controls / delete the Alienware AWCC folder / reboot machine.

Reinstall AW command center suite, reinstall OC controls, reboot machine, wait for AWCC to load test recreate your profiles.

If any weird behavior rinse and repeat don’t skip the reboots it’s important.

Mine loses about that much a night as well, but I do leave cooling pad and mouse connected, I have not been too concerned by it.

I can’t wait for some of the new battery tech to finally filter down to consumer level, the batteries we will have in the next 5 years or so will make everything we have today obsolete.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2020
    Fire Tiger likes this.
  8. Fire Tiger

Reputations:
    There is an option to manually add games, but it also picks up all .exe programs, this is new to me. So I've added the Wallpaper Engine among other .exe's and set them to remain on 'Balanced' this seems to have done the trick.

Yeah its not overly concerning I'm more intrigued as to what's causing it. The only slight worry is that its a defective battery, resulting in battery bulge.

9. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    Very much looking to see the impact here. If it actually solves 90% of the throttling issues I might upgrade to a 2080 at some point when the prices fall, unless a 3xxx-series DGFF card appears for the R1...

Lopt, LoneSyndal and Fire Tiger like this.
  10. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Don’t be concerned battery drain when it’s off is just big brother cranking it up to see what’s you’ve done for the day. :)

I also wouldn’t get my hopes up on something Umar or someone said is coming next month.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2020
    Papusan and Fire Tiger like this.