*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. devilhunter

devilhunter Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What kind of stress tests are you using?

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That is weird, I know you can separately DIM the back from the rest but it’s not easy and frankly it was so counter intuitive and I stumbled onto it that I can’t remember how to reproduce it.

I settled for everything darkest blue and dim, that software is really irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. gjvah

gjvah Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, after searching and reading through this thread (over a hundred pages) I still can't find a solution to my issue. I have tried good old google as well. Here's my problem: I have a very efficient curve set up in MSI Afterburner, and a decent undervolt with XTU. My issue is, I have to apply both regularly as AWCC keeps overriding them. The one that pisses me off the most is the AB profile override. I have tried every suggestion, I even have AB load with launch parameters (-Profile1) with task scheduler, and it does, however, as soon as I run a game, and AWCC switches the fan and power profiles, even with OC tuned off, it still overrides my undervolt and curve. I currently have the profile hotkeyed, so when I launch a game, I simply key in my shortcut an my profiles are applied, but I want to automate this. I want to stop AWCC from messing with my CPU and GPU profiles. Short of uninstalling AWCC (which is not an option, as I want fan control) is there a way to restrict AWCC's access to the CPU and GPU? Can I uninstall, or even break just the OC portion of AWCC and keep the RGB, Fan and Power functionality, or am I SOT?

Here's a list of things I've tried:
    - Set a delay to AB launching - does not help, since launching AWCC always overrides it.
    - Follow the OC and undervolt guide on this forum - again, everything works until AWCC has to do anything, which overrides it
    - Cursing out Dell and Alienware support for having broken software on the phone.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long rant/question/plead for help. May your temps stay low and your framerates high.

4. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not sure why it messes with yours that bad. Mine never interrupts, but I manually change fan and power settings in AWCC while AB curve and TS have my OC and UV loaded at login. I dont let AWCC have any automated control over my system.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Donald@HIDevolution, gjvah and Lopt like this.
  5. Virale

Virale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm same as the above for me. ThrottleStop and Afterburner control CPU and GPU and AWCC only changes fans and power profile automatically, but doesn’t override anything on CPU or GPU voltage nor clocks.

gjvah and Lopt like this.
  6. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For me anyway as long as I follow this order it works, 1. Boot up and wait for AWCC to load ( this is adding insult to injury there is no reason it should take AWCC so long to load)

Make sure my NO Overclock settings are still in place, CLOSE AWCC.

2. Launch Afterburner and apply my saved UNDERVOLT, exit Afterburner.

Then DO NOT touch AWCC again - if I do I need to run Afterburner again.

That works until next reboot, I even reset Afterburner after resume from sleep/hibernate as I don’t trust it, or I’ll usually not sleep and just shut down restart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. gjvah

gjvah Newbie

Reputations:
    This is the behavior I want. Are you using the "no overclock" peofile in AWCC or the 78C, 0,0 from the undervolt guide for the GPU? Do you have AWCC change cooling profile automatically on game launch?

Thanks in advance.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  8. Dbentt

Dbentt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know what the AWCC update that rolled out today is for?

9. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Papusan @maoshen1234

I want to try this the next days. A few Questions:

1. Why do i need to edit Part Number, Serial Number and manufacturer?
    2. my ram has B-Dies, so i dont need to chance the stepping, right?
    3. You Profile is 2933mhz CL21. My Dim is testet with 3800 CL18. Can i edit your profile to 2933mhz cl18 or will this not boot?

10. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Use the 'no overclock' profile, this used to happen with me when it was set to anything other than no overclock. If you want to set a different temp limit you can use Asus GPU Tweak II.

RMLJD likes this.