*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    exactly that... rtx 2080 max overclocked is about 30-31K Grafic Score... so yeah 20%+ IS not even close

Fire Tiger likes this.
  2. Nicolas Paiva

Nicolas Paiva Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    x170 will be sucessor of p775.

Seems like they'll official support up to 8-core/16-thread i7-10700k, but in prema i trust. The 10-core is named i9-10900k. I don't think power adapter will be a problem in any way.

edit: it will be 2x230W, i would prefer 330s but we still have the Eurocom's 780W single adapter option.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    lestat2k7 likes this.
  3. Sup3rKillaX

Sup3rKillaX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not the rtx 2080 in this alienware, the most I got was 29500, most people run it undervolted anyway so average score in the 51m specifically is 27500-28k soooo not to far off actually :3

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

4. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ups
    https://www.3dmark.com/fs/19137478

And why do you compare an heavily overlocked MQ with an undervolted 2080? The Best OC score vs. average? Apples and oranges..

Nicolas Paiva likes this.
  5. xcal237

xcal237 Newbie

Reputations:
    so after a motherboard replacement cause my previous motherboard had a malfunction on the PCIe lanes (it was only running 2x instead of 8x) i'm finally happy with this beast of a laptop. Benchmark scores are pretty much in line with the desktop 2080 temps, however, are still abysmal.

Attached Files:

Fire Tiger and Virale like this.
  6. Sup3rKillaX

Sup3rKillaX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That mq was mine :) in a Asus zephyrus GX701 before I got the alienware, and that 31k score Is like one of many others who don't run that as daily driver, and the gx701 stayed cooler too with a heavy oc like that

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

7. Virale

Virale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had that happen to me... if you repasted/replaced pads and removed the GPU flexes, it’s likely that you didn’t seat them correctly and they weren’t making full contact, downgrading the PCI-e link. I disassembled, brushed the pins, and reassembled and that went away!

If you did that, the mobo change was overkill hahaha, if you didn’t, then that’s awesome!!!! Glad you’re on the happy side!

Fire Tiger likes this.
  8. devilhunter

devilhunter Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hi,

Got mine today, I followed the nbr guide for overclocking.

I tested it with @ 5 ghz adaptave voltage -115mv

is this a good silicon on 9900k? Im using stock thermal paste.

Is it worth replacing ?

One last question though, I noticed the default screen profile is set at "warm", any idea how to change it to neutral?

my cinebench is around 4700, but CPU is throttling on it anyways...

Many thanks.

pathfindercod and Fire Tiger like this.
  9. Virale

Virale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello everyone! I give you my stormtrooper Area-51m.

Took me a while to put all of the decals on perfectly... but the result is fantastic. Bought the skin on eBay; this is the white cabron fiber skin. I have experience applying skins and this is one of my best applications yet. My unit is Lunar Light and had a small stain on the left side of the palm rest from rubbing a black microfiber on it -.- lol. I had my palm rest replaced (got the part from the technician and did it myself) and decided to protect it from the start. No more stains for me and it looks SICK!!! The lit parts like the Alien head logo on the lid, power button, and touchpad I covered with the punch outs instead of leaving them bare, and the lighting shines through and looks super slick!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    jclausius, c69k, S1ammin and 4 others like this.
  10. Docsteel

Docsteel Vast Alien Conspiracy

Reputations:
    Its overclocked, and clock for clock... its an unfair comparison. In general terms the Max-Q < 2080 Laptop < 2080 Desktop. Unless you OC it then all bets are off :)