*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Been watching this for a while but I have noticed this week different memory speeds are now being offered on the website, does this mean the memory speed was corrected or are they just offering something for some promised future upgrade.
    upload_2020-1-17_7-2-13.png

2. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Interesting. Last I checked it only went up to 2400mhz on the Area 51m. So fingers crossed they did something right and a new update is coming.

3. Korben_Dallas

Korben_Dallas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    great news! now the problem is to choose between thermal limits or ram memory speed limits

Docsteel and Virale like this.
  4. xMAXIMUSx

xMAXIMUSx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well looks like i might not need this sub after all, looks like dell refunded my money and said nothing about it haha. Anyone else have this hassle? Wait weeks to have order cancelled? Also the m17 on i have dispatch was supposed to get exchanged but all of a sudden theres parts shipped, i think, and know one knows nothing about that either when i phone haha

They treat you like crap, when all u want to know is whats going on, the people who know ignore you and the ones that answer the phone have no clue lmfao

Ahh Dell i remember now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020
  5. Sup3rKillaX

Sup3rKillaX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    To be completely honest, I do not believe we will get a bios update for any memory speed increase, I feel like if the 51m is being offered with faster ram now and there isn't a bios out already which there isn't. I'm pretty sure dell just updated the motherboard entirely, my laptop came with an Rev. 2 motherboard in it and I have seen older Rev 1 sold before on eBay. So maybe they have a rev3 Board that actually supports faster ram now. But hey I could be wrong! Just seems odd.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

DreDre and Fire Tiger like this.
  6. SirLosealot

SirLosealot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So afaik, there is no vbios with increased tdp for 2060 model, right? Will there be any in the future?

7. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thats good support information though, I think a new revision could be the indication this memory offering (Speed) support holds some water.

8. Sup3rKillaX

Sup3rKillaX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I mean I guess but that mean all the other 1000s of people that bought the 51m will suffer with 2400 unless return or replace motherboard completely with newer revision but I HOPE they can do bios update and call it a day

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

9. nader_rizk2003

nader_rizk2003 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do anyone knows if it will support 2933 if installed 128GB memory or maximum is 64GB to get this speed?

10. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes and I would feel for those that purchased their promised "Upgrade-able" device but with Alienware "Dell" it would not be uncommon behavior.