*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Ludwig Tornheden

Ludwig Tornheden Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for response ofc I meant Oct! Lets hope for a future BIOS update then, can't wait to get mine! I'm just curious if I made a mistake with the non K. Guess I will loose some fps in some titles, thats all. I game PUBG almost 90% of my hours so I think the Non K will be sufficent. Ive heard that a few few have recieved 9700k by ordering 9700 non K but that might be rumors.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  2. Biker Gremling

Biker Gremling Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you don't plan on tinkering with the CPU, the 9700 is just fine. I ordered mine with the 9700k because, for the applications I use, core speed is more important than core count. However, we can always change the CPU in the future if we need to (the beauty of the 51m).

2666MHz memory probably won't happen because, as I have read on previous messages, the motherboard doesn't have quality tracers to maintain signal integrity. My guess is that we will see 2666MHz on the next years revisited version. However, the performance hit on Intel CPUs from 2666 to 2400MHz is very low.

RTX 2080 51m's have about a 3 week delivery time. I know this because I ordered mine on the 14th of September and arrives tomorrow.

pathfindercod and Fire Tiger like this.
  3. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the 9700K and I can clock it to 5.2ghz on all cores and keep temps below 90C with a -90mv undervolt. The 9700K is perfect for gaming right now. When I had the 9900K, I could only do 4.6 to 4.7ghz before I started hitting insane temps after gaming for a while. I’m definitely happier with the 9700K and the 9700 will do just fine as well; I’m not seeing any difference in gaming whether I’m overclocked or not with the 9700K so you are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire Tiger likes this.
  4. Ludwig Tornheden

Ludwig Tornheden Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nice to hear!

Another fun fact would be to know if I payed more here in Sweden then you guys?. If I translate my buy to USD it would be 2930.36USD with 15% coupon

Goverment over here have been adding chemical taxes and so on the last 5 years so electronics have become really expensive. But with coupons it sometimes ad up.
    2080rtx
    9700 non K
    16gb ram
    256gb pcie
    1080p144hz g.sync

pathfindercod likes this.
  5. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good price! I got the one in my signature for 2500 new in the box, which was also a steal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pathfindercod likes this.
  6. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's an insane overclock, superb! What do you use to stress it or was that just gaming? Have you re-pasted at all or did you buy the CPU from Silicon Lottery?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    pathfindercod and Spartan like this.
  7. MrFreeze_Van

MrFreeze_Van Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    According to intel the 9700k base frequency is 3.6GHz and 4.9GHz for the mac turbo. I can see that the default on my 51M is 4.6GHz which I am assuming is the Max turbo. Is Alienware downclock the CPU by default? I have not play with OC yet as I preferred so far to keep it cooled than faster but should the default set to 49x instead of 46x?

8. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Alienware Area-51m Drivers 03-Oct-2019

Includes new Intel Management Engine Driver, Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver, Intel Serial IO Driver, GeForce Driver, LAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth Drivers

Don't forget to unblock the ZIP file when you download it BEFORE you unzip it by right clicking on it, choosing Properties, then hit the Unblock button on the bottom right, then APPLY then OK

9. Tim V.

Tim V. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's what I get for max turbo stock/default w/ 9700K, 4.6GHz. Thought it might have been because of the undervolt, but I don't know. Never worried because the thing powers through anything I throw at it with great temps to boot. Curious though...

10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    4.6GHz all cores upload_2019-10-4_0-20-5.png

Tim V. likes this.