*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. EepoSaurus

EepoSaurus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So guys. I bought the huge 780w eurocom psu for my 51m and it works great. But i wonder did they ever correct the issue with the undersized adapter? Even at max pull in game I'm under 300w on the 51m. Hopefully they've fixed it so the system at least uses all available power plugged into it. Or is it still acting the same regardless of which single psu is plugged in?

2. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am actually debating on not getting the 9900k. All I do is game really, maybe a few expense reports wekkly etc etc but nothing more than that. Sure Hyperthreading is nice but the price is a turnoff.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  3. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Get the 9700K, in my light usage which consists of browsing the net, using Adobe Premiere, and some casual gaming, I never noticed a difference between my 9900K and previous 8950HK in my GT75 Titan. I don't feel the extra speed or extra cores in my usage scenario.

Wild Turkey likes this.
  4. Spartan

Reputations:
    nVIDIA GeForce RTX 1660Ti/2060/2070/2080 Driver v26.21.14.3169 ,A03

Finally!! Dell gives us an updated nVIDIA Driver for the Alienware Area-51m, from the description, it seems like many other GPUs are also supported for Dell/Alienware Laptops in this release:

Download

5. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    First issue..... re-installed Windows 10. Installed all drivers provided by @Ultra Male, thought I'd quickly test Alienware CC, but the Fusion section just keeps loading? Nothing shows up, just this spinning circle... Any ideas?

I'll crack on with the Windows 10 clean installation guide and come back to check on any updates.

6. Spartan

Reputations:
    Alienware Area-51m Drivers 19-Sep-2019

NOTE: Before you do anything, right click on the file, go to properties, then hit the UNBLOCK checkbox from the bottom right in case the file was blocked since it was downloaded from the internet otherwise all the files within the image will also contain a blocked status leading to an erroneous or incomplete installations.

7. Spartan

Reputations:
    You need to install the Alienware OC Controls then reboot for the Fusion section to work.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  8. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thats exactly what it will be brother, I assumed Alienware CC installed all aspects, now makes sense why they are part of your download folder... **smacks own face**

Spartan likes this.
  9. Spartan

Reputations:
    the drivers are in that numbered order for a reason bro

you got it working now?

PS: If it weren't for my drivers download link that I am providing, how does Dell expect people to figure all this crap out and figure out the correct installation order it's all over the web and each guide says to install them in a certain order but I finally got it figured out after lots of trial and error

pathfindercod, Vanya and Fire Tiger like this.
  10. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the 9900K in my desktop and I’ve also had it in my 51m; no difference at all in gaming. My 9700K can run 5.3ghz without throttling while the 9900k could only do about 4.7 to 4.8 at the same temps in my 51m. If you are primarily gaming, go with the 9700k and crank those clocks up while saving some cash. Or, we can see if the new 9900ks is binned better for 5ghz, but from what I am seeing the Stock TDP is like 127 on that thing from 90, so expect to see much higher power usage on the KS since we all know intels stock TDP numbers are all lies!