*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Timoonn

Timoonn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If I jiggle the jack, the sound jump from left only to stero, but no stable position.

2. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    With all the replacements made to this unit, just one more thing to go bye-bye, right? ( In this thread you mention how this machine's replacements in one way or another have had bad luck. http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-owners-lounge.826831/page-1456#post-10938793 )

If anyone thinks the machine is bringing you bad luck, with all the items you've mentioned over these past months, it's more like you walked under a ladder inside while holding an opened umbrella, tripped over a black cat that also crossed your path, which then caused you to stumble and break a mirror and spill a shaker of salt.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Rei Fukai, Mr. Fox, S.K and 4 others like this.
  3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    dell should really fix this and step it up. their next machine better have standard mxm and socket 10 core cpu with everything improved. quality really dropped since the m18xr1/r2 age.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2019
  4. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have to test mine....but on witcher 3 its only putting out left Audio...

Ok..I tested it and I have the same issue. With headphones, Volume loud on left side hardly there on right. Fast search shows others with this issue. Jiggling jack not helping.

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggested fixes?

Ok...try a headphone that has a mic. mine will only play both channels with my earbuds/mic and headphone/mic.

My two no mic cans and earbuds...just left channel.

When I set the popup to "headphones" instead of "headphones with mic" I lose the right channel even with the mic/headphones. .

Anyone have any ideas?

ole!!! likes this.
  5. Tim V.

Tim V. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    -----

I have the same issue with the audio jacks, ended up buying the 510H headphones so I can plug in via usb. Even then I have to make sure the connection into the headset is pushed in good and snug. But the sound is great.

6. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    I still stand by my comment. The hardware burning issues are still largely because of user maltreatment in addition to bad silicon luck/QC fail. In my case, nothing burned (in case you didn't read my comment closely enough). You cannot prevent the main chip from dying when it's time has come in case of nVidia. I have seen EVGA and STRIX water cooled cards with stock clocks go out in a similar fashion before (i have around 30 cards from GTX 10 series so you're hearing it from the horse's mouth).

Yes I'm going through bad times these days as far as luck is concerned. Still recovering from a totally torn apart foot injury with multiple tendon amd ligament tears. Life can be a bioch at times but you gotta live through the hardships. ;)

7. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So its even weirder...my headphone with mic will put out both channels only if I select "headphone with mic" from the dropdown that pops up when you plug in. If I pick "headphone" it drops Right channel .

Anyone else have both kinds of headphones to test? I'm thinking this has something to do with the mic headphone combo having a 3 zone plug...vs 2 for non mic headphones.

Had my left knee rebuilt after a MTB accident (cuse im too stubborn to accept ima old)

Follow your PT completely, it gets better but you have to rehab right. Don't over do the recovery. I did and had about a cup of blood drained from the knee with a freakishly large needle. It was ....highly unpleasant! But im back on the bike with full use.

Heck, the Eagles have a starting defensive lineman (Brandon Brooks) who is back from a Achilles tear in less then 7 months!

VoodooChild and S.K like this.
  8. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone know what screen the below is? Looking to see if this is LG/AUO/Mei Chi etc.

LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 17.3FHD, AG, INX

DaMafiaGamer and Spartan like this.
  9. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    innolux aka Chi Mei - best in the game for fast response time panels...

bsch3r and Fire Tiger like this.
  10. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for clarifying this, no G-Sync if I revert to the older BIOS then :(

Spartan and DaMafiaGamer like this.