*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I tried the new 2070 vbios by itself and didn't notice much difference in terms of performance (firestrike), maybe slightly higher GPU score but nothing too noticeable. Decided to try the new vbios with 1.7.2 bios as well (from 1.5.0) and didn't notice any difference there either.

It does seem that I'm getting less FPS in Destiny 2 though, so to confirm this I'm going to go back to 1.5.0 and record my fps again.

I know this question has been asked over and over, but what's the simplest way to revert back to 1.5.0 from 1.7.2 bios?

Can I simply click the 1.5.0 .exe file and run it?

2. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Go for it you’ll love it, this comes from a Clevo and Alienware fan. I can’t fault the omen, amazing screen, top notch performance, rtx 2080 is 150w tdp about 5-8% slower than a aw 51m (a 100mhz overclock on the core makes up for that easily), actually good speakers (who would have thought lol) good thermals and surprisingly light and sturdy.

Check the reviews of this laptop, HP are onto something good this year. They outdone Lenovo who’s been dominating the cheap good gaming laptop sector for a while now...

I just can’t believe a business type company HP actually made a gaming laptop that has set standards, lol it’s just unheard of.

Tim V. likes this.
  3. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just saw this on YouTube, oh. My. Lord. This is why I never let home tech support swap my parts, I always do it myself while they watch

jclausius, Arrrrbol, GerhardK and 3 others like this.
  4. SacraficeMyGoat

Reputations:
    What an idiot. I'd have stopped recording and just told the guy to leave. That hurts to watch.

Tim V. likes this.
  5. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    WOW! I think I would have went to jail after beating him like a red headed step child.

6. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Attached what I'm seeing when I select add boot option.....

Cloning done, I'm back into bios for boot order....am I correct I should select Pci/PCI option bottomn choice to boot to the M2?

Apologies for what's probably an obvious one..this is very different from my last two systems

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  7. GerhardK

GerhardK Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The HP omen 17t is definitely a great laptop no doubt about that. But from the reviews I read and testing: the case and keyboard in particular run anywhere from 10-15 C degrees hotter, stock for stock runs 15-20% less in firestrike about 10 fps less in some games. According to one review, the i9-9880H in the model they had was throttling to 2.1 Ghz in testing. Great laptop but not without it's own issues.

I personally don't think there is such thing as a perfect gaming laptop. Pick one that makes you go wow when you open it LOL.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  8. SacraficeMyGoat

Reputations:
    What temp were people saying 1.6.0 and above bios was causing drastic drops in fps, was it 75C or 76C? I can't seem to get my 2070 above 75C, even with furmark (yes I know, terrible choice but I wanted to test this myself since I'm on 1.7.2 now and nothing will make my GPU get to above 75..

9. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I still have a 4790k and 2x 680's in SLI running just fine...lol

Papusan likes this.
  10. Virale

Virale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes.

Click File Browser Add Boot Option > select the PCI option > navigate into EFI > Boot > and select bootx64.efi > input a name for your boot option (I named mine NVMe).

Then on Boot Option Priorities, move the NVMe option you just created to be Boot Option #1.

After that, check which drive is Priority 1. There is no way to change the priority, so you’ll have to do what I had been describing of disconnecting the hybrid, booting, checking your NVMe is the primary, then reconnecting the hybrid drive. I was going off of memory and took a picture. Your BIOS should look similar to mine. I’m actually thinking it was Windows that kept thinking my hybrid drive was drive 0 and the NVMe drive 1, it wasn’t until I disconnected and booted into Windows with only the NVMe connected that it flipped.

There are no silly questions! This took me a while to figure out lol.[​IMG]

Let me know how it goes!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Fire Tiger and c69k like this.