*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Timoonn

Timoonn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yesterday Dell changed the screen on my second unit, for a dead pixel. Nothing to notice so far with the new one.

hmscott likes this.
  2. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I carry around enough Mass everyday without a backpack lol.

hmscott, RMLJD and Fire Tiger like this.
  3. bsch3r

bsch3r Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I see, strange, for me the copper ihs worked. Still pondering about doing an liquid metal repaste between GPU, IHS and heatsink.

Unfortunately... yes. But there seems to be a new bios, date 08/27/19. Anyone tried it out yet?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
    Fire Tiger likes this.
  4. Korben_Dallas

Korben_Dallas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have windows 10 pro version 1809, is it still the best or should I upgrade?

etern4l likes this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Read the following posts in here. Why would you upgrade now? 5 weeks to new screw up (1909) and then you should wait minimum 1 month further to see if Microsoft is able to push out a new OS version without flaws. But I doubt it.

6. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    people gotta give up on the idea latest version = best, this is false especially comes to electronics of any kind. if its not broken, dont fix it. if one doesn't know if new version = better, do research find out what is needed and consider the possibility of additional issue that might come with it. do image backup and ready to reverse etc.

people that updates right away and then complain about MS are just as much to blame as MS is.

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    All versions of it are digital feces. You only have to decide which one is the least offensive odor in your nostrils.
    It works for Windows 8.X as well. But, if you use the legacy boot menu you don't have to do the idiot crap with the command prompt to enter Safe Mode with Windows 10. You simply spam the F8 key during the hand-off from the BIOS to Windows and select Safe Mode (or whatever other option you want, such as Disable Driver Signature Enforcement) like a respectable human being of completely normal intelligence rather than a Micro$lop boot-licking dumb-dumb. :vbwink:

At an admin command prompt, enter:
    Code:
    bcdedit -set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    One and done... no more nonsense. You are the omnipotent master, owner, majestic and supreme ruler of your PC, not Micro$lop.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  8. cmykpro

cmykpro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried playing Control yet? My 9900k/RTX2070 runs like absolute poo. I use Geforce experience and it does upgrade to the latest drivers. I even let Geforce Experience use it's "optimal" settings for my setup and im barely breaking 30fps...

hmscott and Fire Tiger like this.
  9. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What BIOS are you on? Have you checked what the GPU temps are and whether its throttling?

10. Pezzza

Pezzza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With I9 and 2080 I have 55~60 fps with max settings on 1080p without dlss on 1.5.0 bios and 1.0.0.5 (180W) vbios

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Fire Tiger likes this.