*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Korben_Dallas

Korben_Dallas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    maybe a little too much

2. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can confirm, this worked flawlessly for me when I got the Divison 2. Thanks again mate.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Spartan and Fire Tiger like this.
  3. Amroth

Amroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you get a second set of power bricks it's totally fine. I do it every day and I'm an average built dude.

hmscott and Fire Tiger like this.
  4. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    That looks like a swimming pool. The liquid metal that you put on there seems enough for 5 jobs. Btw, don't waste your money because difference between Phobya NG Extreme and LM is less than 1.5 degree celcius.

DreDre, electrosoft, hmscott and 2 others like this.
  5. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can confirm this too, I've both panels here side by side and I choose to keep the AUO over the Che Mei..... it's a very subjective topic without any useful end product!

Moreover, to my old eyes, the DisplaySafe panels looks a little bit washed out and this non sense Dell is trying to sell recently is just another marketing jibberish I don't care about. Just like the Gsync and that damned optimum bullcrap. And Physx and the list goes on and on...

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

6. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm a small guy (think built like a Grey, or a bobblehead of a 1/6 scale slender man ).
    No issue for me.

Tim V., hmscott and Fire Tiger like this.
  7. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Not for me it isnt.

Spartan and Fire Tiger like this.
  8. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks guys. I have an M15 R2 right now with i7 9750 and 2080 and 4K OLED, I'm getting a replacement delivered today due to a fan defect, but now that they have the AX1650 WiFi card back I am going to be sending back the replacement as well, so I am trying to decide if I should grab a refurb 51M with the current sale or re-order the M15 R2. I don't game a ton, so I don't need the 144Hz display, but that is the one I would get. I really wish they had a 1440P screen option. I got used to HiDPI displays.

9. _deadbydawn_

_deadbydawn_ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    so i really don't get it. i started to suddenly have the problem, that i.e. after playing world war z, around 30 seconds after exiting the game, the system froze and rebootet after a while. also, when alt-tabbing to desktop during the game there was a reeeally bad stuttering (like you could click on anything and like 5 seconds later it clicked).
    during gaming no problem at all. the bluescreenview always pointed to hal.dll and ntoskrnl (forgot the exact name and i'm away from the system right now).
    i got a new evo 970 plus today and replced the c: drive with it (wanted to do this since a while), games are on another 970 plus.
    i reinstalled windows fresh. redownloaded all tve stuff.
    ran timespy. ran fine and after it was finished (when the result was shown), freeze with reboot after a while. again hal.dll etc.

i noticed that during gpu stressing it's hovering around 1500 - 1600mhz and as soon as there's not too much stress on it it boosts to ~1900.

now i wonder if the gpu is dying, but then again wonder why everything works fine just until after i stress the system.

can that bsod (hal.dll etc) also have anything to do with oc? i will test later on wirthout any undervolt ob cpu, bit then again it ran fine like this for weeks.

strange :-/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The weight shouldn't be a problem for a short trip from home to the car, to the desktop and back, even if you need to carry 1 set of power bricks back and forth.

When carrying a large 17"/18" laptop in a backpack be aware that it's a serious amount of mass you are swinging, and that mass in motion can inflict serious damage on equipment hit as you swing it onto and off of your shoulder. I've clipped things before while distracted - discussing important issues as I am hit up as soon as I get in - so pay attention to the path of the swing coming off of your shoulder from behind your back - out of your view.

If you ride a bike, try to fit it into your bike panniers or slung across a bike rack, as that large mass won't do good things to your balance with the weight high up on your back.

It may be tiring to carry around up stairs and across campus, but you'll build up your muscles if you stick with it. After a while carrying it, you'll miss the weight if you leave it at home.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    jclausius, Darkhan and Papusan like this.