*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Gazal

Gazal Newbie

Reputations:
    Damn! :D I'd wanna try that right away. So i should update it to 1.5.0 version, just to be on the safe side?

Getting replacement parts from third party sources seems to be next to be impossible, since the laptop is so new. Right now i'd still need to get ahold of a battery and tobii eye tracker cable to make it wholesome.

I suddenly realized that Dell made Alienware Area 51M's battery cable by using same 13 pin connectors on both sides, motherboard and battery. Such type of a cable is in use in the Alienware 17 R4 D/C port, would i be able to slap 2 of those together to make my own cable? :D

I mean in theory, it is just a cable and to solder those together wouldnt be a problem for me...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_5,searchweb201603_52

It's ballzy, i know. :D What do you guys think?

Update: So right now got the i9 working with the cheeky BIOS update. Core i9 sticker was with this laptop. Had to update the firmware, before i could even start using the processor which was meant to be in it's base configuration.... hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2019
    DaMafiaGamer and c69k like this.
  2. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That and the disgustingly terrible speakers this laptop has. Like how does my iPhone XS Max sound better (More bass and clarity) and louder than a £3k laptop? It surprises me, you don’t always need a subwoofer for bass. You just need decent speakers and good drivers, which dell lacks on.

3. Timoonn

Timoonn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The fan full speed mode may seem pointless compared to the performance mode (90% fan speed), but in game it made the difference, keeping CPU/GPU from throttling (GPU 74 and CPU 80-90 on both division 2 and ACU).
    With everything stock, latest bios and a ambiant temp of 28c

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    From my older post in the thread... All bigger notebooks than the sub ultrabooks should have subwoofer. With +17 inch chassis there should be more than enough space fit it in.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...m-owners-lounge.826831/page-784#post-10896800

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...m-owners-lounge.826831/page-787#post-10896886

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...m-owners-lounge.826831/page-787#post-10896881

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...m-owners-lounge.826831/page-784#post-10896789

zdroj and DaMafiaGamer like this.
  5. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    But.... if you're willing to invest THIS much for a desktop replacement, surely, you'll already have a good set of speakers to run this system through? Who buys a desktop replacement worth $4000 and not have a good audio setup to use it through...

I know you got it cheap and it has no warranty and stuff.... but whatever you spent on it, was it worth your investment or not?

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

6. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Don't know what you're talking about to be honest. The Area-51M has the Realtek ALC3282 sound card. It's a very high quality one. I'm not receiving any odd vibration, distortion, crackling or weird noises from my own laptop, just satisfying high-definition sound, with some bass too. Even at highest volume. The laptop is very enjoyable to watch movies, and play games on, although I have an Ortbitsound virtual surround sound setup, along with an Samsung 40" HDTV that I prefer to enjoy movies and games with.

Need to try re-installing the audio driver, or get into contact with Dell, or your supplier if you're having any sound-related issues.

Tim V., VoodooChild and pathfindercod like this.
  7. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So I was transferred a lot but the last person I talked to was very helpful and gave me a direct partial refund (more then half the delta), with confirmation. Up until then it was a brick wall...

I think with ecards once u use them, if you return the product you don't get them back, so this was fine.

I just used "delta"outside of work ..clearly need a vacation..

Hopefully this helps someone.

hmscott likes this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    Maybe he is unlucky as he here in the link. 3 machines in a row and all with same problem... And good soundcard doesn't always help if the rest isn't on same level https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/cqijoj/does_the_51m_still_have_popping_sound_issues/

Rei Fukai and zdroj like this.
  9. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Don’t know anyone who buys a laptop based on internal speakers.

10. Papusan

Reputations:
    Rather more the fully package. And none is equal.
    [​IMG]

DaMafiaGamer likes this.