*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Gazal

Gazal Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you tell whats better about those bios versions compared to the latest release?

2. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They don’t limit the gpu to 75c throttle point.

S.K likes this.
  3. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Question: my order has not shipped and dell just dropped the price by $265....anyone ever successfully get a price adjustment?

4. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Usually have to cancel and reorder.

hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yup, but let the agent do that for you in the same call, and let them suggest it as the solution, just ask for the discount to be applied to your laptop still in manufacturing that hasn't shipped yet - and do it quickly before it changes status.

So call now, and if needed call back as soon as they are open to take the call for your region. :)

6. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thank you. I did a chat tonight , they gave me a number to call and said they would give me a credit. Not sure that's binding, but I I have the chat transcript.
    apparently I am in ready to ship status. With all the ecards I used it would be a nightmare to reorder.....
    I'll update after I call. Maybe it will help anyone else with a pending order.

Fire Tiger and hmscott like this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Cool, that's the other way - to get a credit toward future purchases, it's fine if you planned on getting something else later, like a monitor or laptop stand, etc, and best for not disturbing the delivery of your order, great work. :)

RMLJD likes this.
  8. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Alright guys, I think I’ve grown bored of the Alienware area 51m. Performance is amazing but it’s missing some features I’d like. If it has tobii eye tracking surely it can adjust the brightness according to its surroundings (like a phone, ambient light sensor) and also why didn’t dell put an ir sensor in the laptop. There are like 5 cameras in this thing and to make it windows hello compatible all they had to do was add that tiny component. To be fair I have to hand it to dell, this laptop without firmware updates is a damn good machine in games, no throttling and solid performance all around. Did some rendering too and never saw the cpu reach higher than 80c whilst using 105-110w :eek:

I was getting better thermals than let’s say my previous Clevo, maybe lapping and liquid metal made the huge difference.

DreDre and alexnvidia like this.
  9. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So, from what you've said, you're getting bored of this machine because there is no Windows Hello? That's it?

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

pathfindercod likes this.
  10. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    IIRC there should be a command prompt command (Google) using which you should be able to flash Bios without battery connected.

DaMafiaGamer and Gazal like this.