*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I see. Thanks.

2. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So Dell launches its most important Alienware line at the very moment their Chinese factories are closed for what, 10-15 days? Chinese NY is 5th Feb until 15 Feb or later even?

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Unfortunately an industry wide issues, CES is pretty much the perfect launch announcement date but right after all factories in China are closed. I agree, its such a weird thing and kinda annoying when you just spend a ton of money on a product.

4. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    What exactly did they say when you called? Kinda curious what kind of nonsense their gonna tell me tomorrow. I just got done with a crusade against razer to get a refund with a refund so anyone causing drama with me right now is gonna lose my business. If this pushes back the shipping date I'm out.

Still trying to decide. . .the lenovo y740 is really well priced compared to the others with a 2080max q. And I've heard they make reliable laptops. But, I still have my 1080 ti so a m15 with a graphics amp might be good since I plan on using whatever laptop I get at my desktop.

captn.ko likes this.
  5. XxAcidSnowxX

XxAcidSnowxX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The y740 is about half the price..... Huh, I might jump ship too if Dell keeps screwing around.

Terreos likes this.
  6. dodgehemi0

dodgehemi0 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Look at the MSI trident x. It’s small and portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Because HIDevolution pwns DELL! [​IMG]

Seriously, build a desktop it's better and cheaper for you.

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    And about $1000 less than the asus zephyrus and has g sync. Pretty complete package.

9. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Corporate customer also have the 20th as shipping date from Dell...

Aye, we did 2400Mhz in 2012: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/prema-bios-mod-review.667818/page-7#post-8664392

The good old days when imageshack was still free and UEFI just a Legend...

P570WM
    [​IMG]
    W110ER
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Johnksss, Falkentyne, Vasudev and 4 others like this.
  10. Cass-Olé

Cass-Olé Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    I wasn't implying there is no side exhaust in this new design, in fact there is but it's reserved for the 'highest-end configs' & denied to 'entry' configs ... whatever that formula is
    • there is a basic 7pipe (AlienTube tear-down vid)
    • China vid said they had an '8'pipe' w/out side exhaust
    • '8'pipe w/ side exhaust was at CES
    That suggests either three HS variants exist - or - the '8'pipe has two different fan assemblies (w/side & w/out side)
    [​IMG]
    @Papusan pic above w/ 7pipes; pipe#6 is just extra long & because it is I do not wish to call the elongated part the so-called '8th' pipe; I call it the 7XL (7-extra-long / 7-extended) & if it has side exhaust then a 7XL+
    [​IMG]
    (narrator: flip that sucker over & u see '8' majik pipes)
    [​IMG]
    If I simplify this & re-label that extra-long GPU pipe as #7 (right pic) our heatsink (left) reduces to 6.5 pipes once we realize, indeed --> half of it's missing --> the good half! So yes, 6.5 pipes becomes 7 when u order the right configuration

7 becomes 8 >< 6.5 becomes 7​

'8' pipes is Alien Marketing BS (padding their bra / stuffing a sock down their shorts as always); Jedi mind trick, a pipe-dream, language-game & their attempt at a 'construct' ... it's the kool-aid I'm resisting :/

That China vid said the 9700k 2070 gets '8'pipes w/out side exhaust; that extra-long pipe #6 puts the cooling emphasis on the 2070 GPU, where we'd assume the 2080 gets side exhaust on top of it. My hope is that 9700k 2080 buyers qualify as one of the highest-end configs & from there we might wonder what 8700/2080 buyers will get since 8700 is 'entry' CPU

If there are two fan assemblies, then I'd say that Dellware would like to ship the null-assembly to some buyers (as a cost-cut) & sell the side-exhaust assembly after-sale to those who covet it - or - same practice if there are three HS variants (ship Levels 1 / 2 as cost-cut & sell u Level 3 later), all of which is business-as-usual but it'd be nice to know upfront what their formula is outside of 9900k/2080 gets the best, 8700/2060 (2070?) gets the not-best & some intermediate config like 9700k/2070 might get the 7XL- (no side exhaust) --> 7- 7XL- 7XL+ <--

That's exactly what u want to see, proof of binned 2666 kits shipped inside for speed bump later
    edit:
    lol, there's no fork
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019