*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There's also these if you have the patience, of you could opt for an Ultra Male Tweaking Session :D

NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide
    Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)
    O&O ShutUp10 - Do not use Windows 10 without it!
    Macrium Reflect Installation/Usage Guide
    The best and fastest way to backup your data!

jclausius, phusy and lostclusters like this.
  2. lostclusters

lostclusters Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What is a/are good program(s) to stress test it.

3. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Realbench, heaven benchmark, and nothing beats playing your favorite game for a few hours.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Vanya and Spartan like this.
  4. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    To anyone that bought their Area 51m with an SSD...
    When you purchase an Area51m with and SSD does it come with this heatsink?

hmscott likes this.
  5. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My new system came with 2 × 256GB Raid 0 config and both had heat sink with thermal pads installed from the factory.

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Vanya likes this.
  6. Diziet

Diziet Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Which BIOS and VBIOS should I use for an i9-9900k+RTX 2080 build? I keep getting throttled unless I set the thermal settings to "full speed".

7. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    You'll feel the difference in the future when FPS starts dropping as the games get more demanding, but as long as the frame rate is above 60 FPS, it's difficult to see the difference. But at times it is noticeable (very slightly) but it's no big deal unless one has a visual OCD problem.

I think you need to take it apart sooner or later because there are at least 3 places where there should be thermal pads installed but are not installed, even though the heat sink is designed to have thermal pads on those areas.
    1: The 2 hidden mosfets under the beauty cover on DGFF board that are on top side the 2 ribbon connectors (if you put DGFF side towards yourself such that those 2 connectors are on your left side). It takes 3mm pad there.
    2: The 2 chokes close to the second stage inlet mosfets that are between the DGFF and the CPU side cooling fan (they take 1mm each).

If you are like me, you'd also want some stick-on micro heat sinks on all your power inlet mosfets, your thunderbolt controller and every other chip that is susceptible to getting hot. But these are over-kill at least for me because my inlet mosfets are NIKOS PK616BA which are way beefier than the usual AON-6380's that are on there.

I'm on Bios 1.3.2 and VBios 1.0.0.2 but I have noticed similar performance on 1.5.0 and 1.0.0.3 so it's really upto you. Both 1.0.0.2 and 1.0.0.3 are 200W VBios's btw.

I have made a post (on request of a friend) regarding how to get rid of Windows Delivery Optimization service in a thread here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ry-optimisation-service-in-windows-10.829756/
    You guys might also be interested in it.

Vanya, DreDre, Spartan and 2 others like this.
  8. Alex4seby

Alex4seby Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Depends what response time in ms...not only the speed counts..if is mlc, tlc..

New AWCC after update my vents don t start on idle and laptop stays on 38°,45°, 51° depends on wich core work or not..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2019
  9. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    This is a direct comparison between 860 evo and 660p 2TB, so it's not a generic discussion going on here.

10. vegetaeater

vegetaeater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are you sure this is accurate?
    Notebookcheck lists their panel as a LGD05E2. The one you listed above is a LGD05E0.

I know the Area 51m is available with two 144hz options - one with and without G-sync. I would assume they use different panels.

Just trying to figure out what this panel is actually like. The contrast figures on the NBC Area 51m review are horrible. But I'm seeing other A51 reviews which list the contrast around the 1000+ mark (in line with the 'official' LGD05E0 figures on Panelook.

Out of interest, a Lenovo Y740 9th Gen owner has confirmed that their new machine came with a LGD05E0 too.
    So what the hell is the LGD05E02 Notebookcheck listed? Perhaps they received a very early sample? Or they thought they had a G-sync machine when they didn't?