*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Dagr

Dagr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks... will try that most likely. I did a system restore and have it working again (but the Realtek audio control panel still is empty... no audio options... I always have trouble with that one). I just click cancel when AWCC attempts to update for now. : /

S.K likes this.
  2. Alex4seby

Alex4seby Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    On cpu i use for all 1.5mm and are perfect.

mattcube64 likes this.
  3. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Witcher 3 ,,Eco,, setting

4.5ghz, silent fan profile, rtx2080 @1830mhz

[​IMG]

same settings but max fan

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    raz8020, Vanya, Silentfan and 2 others like this.
  4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Reddit does have some very nice groups. /r/writingprompts is good for a time waster.

What panasonic pads are 2mm? The only pads I can find are the "Soft / PGS" pads, which are usually 0.1 to 0.2mm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
    Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Vasudev and Falkentyne like this.
  6. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    In the past, if I were to do a clean install of Windows, I would lose the Alienware Audio icon in the Command Center so I went back to the factory image and even after updating the command center and all the drivers and Windows to 1903, the Alienware Audio icon was still there, up until recently with the last Command Center update, the Alienware Audio icon disappeared. So I tried a clean install and what do you know, now it's back after the clean install, even Alienware Support had no idea why is this happening. Their initial response was that they sometimes remove some features with updates which didn't make sense to me but now with a clean install it's there:

1.jpg

2.jpg

FXi, Vasudev, VoodooChild and 3 others like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Are these being used now in place of normal pads on GPUs? How are they working? Seems like having adhesive on both sides of them might not be desirable. Could make removing heat sinks challenging and probably destroy an otherwise still usable thermal pad (meaning you have to replace them every time you remove the heat sink, even if the pad is brand new). Is that the case?

Here is a list of all thickness of these pads: https://www.digikey.com/products/en...&quantity=0&ColumnSort=147&page=1&pageSize=25

8. Dagr

Dagr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It sounds like there are two Realtek drivers... the HD audio and a universal audio... with one you get it in the Realtek control panel (universal), but it doesn't show up in AWCC... and often after clean installs it seems using the HD audio driver (this should be the one from AW) it shows up in AWCC, but the Realtek control panel is blank. Sigh.. at some point it was working fine in both.

I have AWCC working again, but it attempts to dload and update every time I open it now (annoying). I guess I can try installing the update again and see hwat happens (after creating a restore point).

9. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    No, its similar to other thermal pads that are sticky. Actually these pads, if removed properly, and taken care of have more if a re-usability. This is because they return to close their original form unlike some that have more of a clay like consistency, like Fujipoly for example.

raz8020, VoodooChild, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Nice. Maybe I should try some on my desktop one of these days. GPU might benefit from them with how many watts it is pulling.
    Capture.JPG

Attached Files:

• wut.jpg
      wut.jpg
      File size:
      82.7 KB
      Views:
    raz8020, Vasudev, S.K and 1 other person like this.