*OFFICIAL* Alienware Area-51M Owner's Lounge

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by ssj92, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Nomadsan74

Nomadsan74 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    * Area-51m with Intel Core i9-9900K, RTX2080, 32GB DDR4 @ 2400. Swap received 2 weeks ago.
    * CPU not Delidded
    * -110mv undervolt on CPU with Throttlestop
    * 931mv GPU voltage @ 1950 MHZ with MSI AfterBurner VBIOS 200W

* CPU Multipliers are set on default
    * Repad with @S.K tutorial, Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 & Alphacool Pads
    * Repaste with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on CPU
    * Repaste with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on GPU
    * All Tests executed with 100% Full Max Fan Profile
    * 3d Mark Time Spy test is executed by default on laptop's screen @ original resolution
    * Overwatch is executed with Highest Settings @ 3440x1440 on my 35" screen
    * Temperatures are monitored with ThrottleStop, GPU-Z and HwInfo
    * Laptop is placed over a DEEPCOOL Multi-Core X8 stand with (https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00FB3ICK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Indeed, FYI I obtained the same results on PUBG and Overwatch running them one after another

Sadly it won't get better unless ambiant temperatures (that are really high right now) lower a lil bit.

S.K, c69k, Vasudev and 1 other person like this.
  2. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's all greyed out...

3. sazistas

sazistas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ι run prime95 with avx disabled and max temperature is 88c on the hottest core of the cpu with -0.110 undervolt. If I enable avx it hits 97-98c but the same also happens to my desktop pc which has a corsair h110gtx cooler. So I guess this is normal. I also left heaven benchmark to run for 1 hour and the gpu never passed the 73C degrees (cpu was hovering around 67-72c). So The cpu is at stock with -0.110 undervolt. Are those temps normal for an undervolted stock cpu on the area 51m? I am thinking to delid the cpu. Anyone can suggest a good delid kit? I would like to reach 5ghz on all cores with temperatures around 88-90c max. Is this possible with this machine?
    I do very heavy tasks like 3d rendering and I want to make it as fast as possible and stable with acceptable temperatures.
    About the conductonaut, I only applied tape and I have done this several times in many laptops, desktops and gpus. Never had a problem but is the kneaded eraser an appropriate material and heat resistant? I've never heard of anyone put such thing around the CPU for protection.

VoodooChild likes this.
  4. Dc_Striker

Dc_Striker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I finally got my laptop replacement a couple days ago, which vbois and bios should I be running, I was running 1.3.0 when mine decided to go black screen on it.

5. JAGGERBREAD

JAGGERBREAD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Noted
    Then I think it could be your daily drive with this setup keeping the gpu under 80c, could be fairly safe.

Nomadsan74 likes this.
  6. nkc

nkc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thank you for testing, 1.5 here till jesus comes, imagine 1.54 with 2666mhz, i wont even install that

Darkhan and VoodooChild like this.
  7. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hahah. Made my day....missed you around these parts our Nigerian brethren.

My laptop is dead atm and Dell UAE is doing all they can to avoid servicing it... I cannot believe how rude and heartless support here is, the moment they hear my Indian accent, they act as if I'm the service center agent and they are the $4000 paying customers. LOL its hard to have an Indian accent isn't it? Even in online games, I get yelled at a lot. Haha Although I am from the Himalayas and I look more Chinese than I look Indian!

I've got so pissed off with Dell that I'm seriously thinking not returning this old PC when the new one comes(if it does...) and sell all the parts online. Screw the warranty and the system! Anyone wants a brand new 9700K and a 2080 for half the price?

Sent from a Galaxy S9+

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2019
    Fire Tiger, nkc, c69k and 2 others like this.
  8. SacraficeMyGoat

SacraficeMyGoat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Man, that sucks! Hopefully you can sort things out with them.. GL man.

Oh and I'll take 1 2080..

9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That is when AW sound center's Mic Morph comes into picture, use deep voice or Alien to mask your Indian Accent.

VoodooChild likes this.
  10. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When I call/email Dell customer services it routes me to India (judging by last names and accents). Tech support for AW17 is in Eastern Europe (Czech republic I think). I am not sure who you spoke to in the UAE, the shop where you bought it from?